QQ Early position, early stages

• crayzrocker
      crayzrocker
      Bronze
      Hey there,

So if I'm UTG and get dealt QQ, I'd normally raise 3-4x the BB. If someone re-raises all-in, should I fold or call? Given that I have no/little stats on the person.

This is in the micro SNGs by the way.

Thanks! :)
  • 7 replies
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      QQ+ would be call with that info.
    • maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      Fold. Sng book by Colin Moshman states that you should only call with KK and AA in the early stages. Early stages all ins are very consistent with KK or AA. I would fold or try to in this position as I know folding QQ can be difficult. The Tournament is still early and there is only 110 out there before the 3-bet push. 80 yours, 10 Sb and 20 BB. You still have lots of chips left. Fold and move on.

(I am assuming you raised 4x at 10/20)
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Actually I would say it is less likely KK+ when we face allin 3bet. Most players will try to induce action with smaller 3bet. More likely I would expect to see AK, JJ or TT type of hand.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      I think with QQ you just have to stack off. Its a total disaster if they ever do it with something like TT-JJ or maybe even AQ. With AK i think you can fold but QQ are just a bit to strong in that spot.
    • bettingstation
      bettingstation
      Bronze
      fold if 3 bet, raise if heads up. the worst will be setup... your competitor having pocker ace or king... save your chips....
    • C0WB0Y
      C0WB0Y
      Bronze
      Firstly let's consider that he said micro sng which means that Collin Moshman's advice doesn't apply here.
      Secondly, ICM says it's a shove.
      Thirdly, these players are idiots and will rarely have KK or AA.
      Fourth and most important is we have to assume you are bankrolled to play this level which means if we lose we fire up another. In addition, When our hand does hold here we are stacked nicely to take this tourney down.

Cowboy
    • kalychko
      kalychko
      Bronze
      I think Ghaleon is right. On the lower levels all ins like this mean TT, JJ, AQ, AJ, AT, hands that fishes don't know how to play. They know that these hands are not the best on, but still good to be folded. Usually all in like that says 'Well, I have a good hand, but I don't know what to do with it postflop so I go all in insted'. This all in shows fear. My opinion is call.