This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10SH AQs

• sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      HEM2
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($3.80) 38bb
      UTG+1 ($6.69) 67bb
      CO ($15.02) 150bb
      BTN ($6.30) 63bb
      sirilidion (SB) ($13.98) 140bb
      BB ($4.72) 47bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) sirilidion is SB A:spade: Q:spade:
      UTG calls $0.10, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.10, sirilidion raises to $0.50, 1 fold, UTG folds, BTN calls $0.50

Flop: A:heart: Q:club: 10:club: ($1.20, 2 players)
      sirilidion bets $0.90, BTN calls $0.90

Turn: 8:diamond: ($2.85, 2 players)
      sirilidion bets $3, BTN calls $3

River: J:club: ($8.55, 2 players)
      sirilidion bets $4.50, BTN goes all-in $1.90

Think I misplayed this one by only betting $3 on the turn whilst I should have just put him all-in for his whole stack ( $ 4.90). The river is pretty much the worst card in the deck since it completed the flush and a straight with the 9 and on with the K. Also it is not very likely that he has a set because be would most likely raise TT,QQ,AA preflop after a limper and fold 88 to a c-bet. Since I didn't have any stats I didn't know much about the opponent other then that he l/c preflop which usely means he isn't the best player around. Considering that he might still call worse 2 pair and even a top pair weak kicker type of hand that he probably check behind or bluff me off a better hand if checked too him I put the rest in. Considering the pot is already $ 8.55 and he only has $ 1.90 behind if he calls here with worse 1 in 5 it still right to put the rest in. Or should I have checked and folded on the river?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello sirilidion,

Preflop: We could raise it bigger preflop vs those loose guys but it ain't a must.
      Postflop: Could easily Bet the flop already bigger, sometimes I even over-bet the flop and vs his stack just ship the turn to make it more easier. :) If he has a draw or Ax hand he is willing to Call you anyways. But as played will be difficult to just Check/Fold the river for the given stack left and he made a mistake anyways calling earlier with FD. So we shove it for value vs weaker hands.

Best Regards.