Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG suitna ($3.35) 34bb
      CO B---L0SE11 ($10.24) 102bb
      BTN Reacher87 ($9.70) 97bb
      SB Nocco ($20.20) 202bb
      BB youseffahmed ($12.01) 120bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Nocco is SB Q:heart: Q:diamond:
      2 folds, Reacher87 raises to $0.30, Nocco raises to $1.10, 1 fold, Reacher87 calls $0.80

Flop: 3:diamond: 6:heart: 4:diamond: ($2.30, 2 players)
      Nocco bets $1.15, Reacher87 calls $1.15

Turn: K:spade: ($4.60, 2 players)
      Nocco bets $2.30, Reacher87 calls $2.30

River: K:heart: ($9.20, 2 players)
      Nocco checks, Reacher87 goes all-in $5.15, Nocco folds

Final Pot: $9.20

Villain stat's: VPIP:22 PFR:17 Agg freq:40 H:18

The villain is fairly unknown. What is the good play here postflop? The river check/fold is good after I bet the flop and the turn?
  • 4 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      i wonder whether the turn bet is justifiable here. we are basically just betting to get him to fold all his diamond draws - of which there are not many and you even block one :diamond: . problem is vs his UTG range which is already pretty tight before you 3bet, we are probably now looking at JJ+ and AK - against which we are flipping preflop.

it's safe to say none of your ranges hit that flop but i think the flop bet is necessary. once the K comes on the turn i think it's just a check fold. he will probably check behind with JJ and so you are turning your hand into a bluff by betting. his range looks so strong there - no worse hands are calling (no worse hands are really in his range) and no stronger hands are folding.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      villain is btn. :P

i think i prefer to c/c once after K comes. our range is kinda capped but i doubt that villain will try to barrel us off on nl10.
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      I agree with the guys, I think turn is a check.

On flop you always want to cbet that because there are lots of worse hands which will stay.

On turn I need stats on villain. But a check/call wouldn't be out of the picture if I think villain likes to float/semi-bluff and is capable of doing that with any pp > 6
      I would also consider the side of his float bet if he does go for it. Then again, I would check/re-evaluate river depending on my knowledge of villain.

You don't have many hands on him, but you might have picked up some info on him with you personal observation. Hud-wise, I would take a look at 3bet, fold to 3bet, fold to cbet, float, WTSD and W$SD, however I see you might not have much here given only 46 hands on him.

I think you should probably always bet that turn for value, and forget about making better hands folds. As played you are turning your hand into a bluff, and it still has showdown value. If you bet the turn K because you think you are doing it for value and he will call anyways with worse hands, then I think you need to shove river.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Nocco88,

That's true that not that many hands will Call us on the turn, we might even turn our hand into bluff-catcher and at the same time maybe even let him pay on later streets. He most likely wont be bluffing either that often here. But as played seems to be fine.

Best Regards.