[NL2-NL10] NL50,SSS,9max, AJs

• JonatanW
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Hero ($22.60)
      BB ($47.55)
      UTG ($50)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      MP1 ($46.30)
      MP2 ($50)
      MP3 ($47.75)
      CO ($52.85)
      Button ($65.05)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, J.
      2 folds, CO raises to $1, Button calls $1, Hero calls $0.75, BB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($4) 4, J, 9 (7 players)
      Hero bets $3, BB folds, CO calls $3, Button folds.

Turn: ($10) 5 (5 players)
      Hero bets $7, CO calls $7.

River: ($24) J (5 players)
      Hero bets $11.6 (All-In), CO calls $11.60.

Final Pot: $47.20

I had just doubled up in a hand with no dramas and payed the SB to see the free lap. The table was insanely loose with people playing all sorts of crap. According to SSS I shouldn't call with this hand, however I had the feeling that it would be a big pot and the PFR from CO was kind of small. I lucked out on the river but the player I was up against struck me as weak.
  • 5 replies
    • burek2000
      I was gonna write you to push preflop when I saw your big stack and stopped. That's exactly why I don't like waiting one more cheap lap with bigger stack, you just cannot play accordingly and many hands lose their value. So, I think AJs is a clear fold with double stack against a minraise. The call was also bad because you were OOP after the flop.

...as played, I would say nice and standard hand after the flop.
    • burek2000

Originally posted by JonatanW
      I had the feeling
      Feelings don't make money in the longterm. ;)
    • dallievas
      With double stack I play only premium hands,but nothing bad play all chart hands if you are sure about your postflop skills(maybe you have BSS experience).Generally you should fold preflop,but if you have reads about opps (all stats next time,plz) you should try to reraise them (squeeze) and cbet flop.Calling is bad option for me-don`t have initiative on flop being out of position and much less FE.Flop:unraised pot against 3 opp in position,I would play c/c ,sometimes b/f (only if opps are passive).I don`t like flop J9.On turn c/c or c/f and lucky river - bet if you think he calls or c/c.I would not c/r river because of those 3 :heart: .If you would raise preflop,then bet/bet/bet.
      Good luck.
      P.S. to burek2000`s P.S-quote: Feelings don't make money in the longterm.
      -say that to brat Phil Hellmuth (of course not in NL50) :D :D ,but xylere would say-SSS is only true math :D
      Don't think you should call here. Personally, I tend to play tighter after doubling up, not loosening up. But if you have some experience with playing such hands postflop, you may go after it. I'm a bss noob, maybe it's right with bigger stack.
    • xylere
      and the PFR from CO was kind of small

he was stealing, so you should consider his ATS not PFR.

Well, normally, calling is bad. but in this spot you can go for it, as if you manage to catch a strong draw, you will be in a great position to c/r.

nevertheless, i believe squeeze provides more value