[NL20-NL50] NL25sh - AJo nh?

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey veriz,

Villain:
      Pretty much unknown. Looks a bit fishy but not that out of line...

Preflop: I tend to call AJs here because of the bit more playability. I doubt I can call here with no info about him and vs his stack? It even may be for value?

Flop: Do I cbet here? I think his range might be pretty wide and those stacks play a bit more fit/fold I think. So I only bet halfpot.

Turn: Std I think? Or just call his bet?

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1831451
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $31.45
      BB: $25.00
      UTG: $21.87
      MP: $35.85
      CO: $20.35
      BTN: $12.98

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with A :heart: J :spade:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $2.35, 1 fold, BTN calls $1.60

Flop: ($4.95) 2 :diamond: 2 :club: 3 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, BTN calls $2.50

Turn: ($9.95) A :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $3.25, Hero raises to $13.75, BTN folds
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

Preflop: Depends what's the plan of yours with the hand, especially vs his stack. :P Do you do it for value? Plan to go broke?

As played
      Postflop: Seems to be fine and I don't mind your play. Nice hand! Get it in on the turn rather than Check/Call, draws are more likely to pay you on the turn than river.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      I have difficulties with preflop here again... AJ is a hand which can be both 3betted or just called.

Do we rather just call vs those shorter stacks and only 3bet if we are sure it is for value?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      I have difficulties with preflop here again... AJ is a hand which can be both 3betted or just called.

Do we rather just call vs those shorter stacks and only 3bet if we are sure it is for value?
      I don't mind calling vs those guys, especially if you feel confident in postflop play. We also keep his crappy hands in the play which are a lot of weaker Jx/Ax hands. Just if we 3bet there then might be kinda bad to fold to his 3bet. :D Unless we are also doing it accordingly his stack so which means the 3bet has to be smaller, max $2.