$69.47
      MP2 (Hero):
      $144.48
      MP3:
      $60.48
      CO:
      $176.80

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 4, 4.
      Hero raises to $1.75, 2 folds, BU raises to $4.50, SB folds, BB calls $4.00, Hero calls $2.75.

Flop: ($13.75) 5, 3, 6 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, BU bets $8.00, BB calls $8.00, Hero raises to $31.50, BU raises to $47.72, BB folds, Hero calls $16.22.

Turn: ($117.19) 2 (2 players)

River: ($117.19) 6 (2 players)

Final Pot: $117.19.

3bettor: after 7 hands 67% 3bet
      on the blind 14/7 after 225 hands

flop: I expect 3bettor to cbet a lot, guy on blind never has a set on this board, very rarely AA,KK and QQ-TT he should fold to such raise. So I choose to raise, what do u think?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello tolari,

Huh? Why can't blind have ever there a set? What makes you think that? I would definitely include also sets into his range, why would he ever raise with set such a dry board? Super easy Call while his range will contain a lot of PPs which flat like that preflop.

Therefore I am not a huge fan of getting it in on the flop while we might not even have fold equity here. We are getting decent odds, why not just to take them? We don't know if BTN is ever even folding his overpairs while feeling kinda committed.

Also I disagree on BTN CBetting a lot, it's still a 3bet pot, BB flatting like that while being pretty nitty, so I would assume he is Checking behind non-made hands.

Best Regards.
    • tolari
      tolari
      Black
      BB is 14/7 so rather nitty, I've never sen players cold call 3bets oop with pp, I don't do it and I am way looser than he is:D Do you still see low pp in his range?

regarding cbet: this guy seemed to me to be a little maniac ( I know its a small sample but still) I wasn't expecting him to fold OP but all OC and wanted to put max pressure on nit on BB, again I am snap folding TT-QQ and he is way nittier, dunno what he know about me thou.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by tolari
      BB is 14/7 so rather nitty, I've never sen players cold call 3bets oop with pp, I don't do it and I am way looser than he is:D Do you still see low pp in his range?

regarding cbet: this guy seemed to me to be a little maniac ( I know its a small sample but still) I wasn't expecting him to fold OP but all OC and wanted to put max pressure on nit on BB, again I am snap folding TT-QQ and he is way nittier, dunno what he know about me thou.
      His tight range may easily indicate that he is such player who likes to set-mine only and play mainly PPs. At least that's from my experience. Such a nitty player is also a bad player, so he doesn't really understand either he gets the odds or not for set mining.

Equity in case we get called from some kind of looser range:

Board: 5:heart: 3:club: 6:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    38.69%  37.88%   0.81% { 4s4c }
      UTG+1  61.31%  60.51%   0.81% { TT+ }

we need ~42% equity to make it break-even. So which means we have to assume he folds his PPs from his range. As you said he was kinda maniac so I doubt so. :D