This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10 Awkward Flop Spot vs Shortie

• Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $5.43 (54.3 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $10.84 (108.4 bb)
      MP: $3.50 (35 bb)
      CO: $5.45 (54.5 bb)
      BTN: $2.90 (29 bb)
      SB: $3.84 (38.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K A
      Hero raises to $0.30, MP folds, CO raises to $1.05, 3 folds, Hero raises to $2.30, CO calls $1.25

Flop: ($4.75) 9 2 9 (2 players)
      Hero??????

Looking back I guess I should have just shoved over his 3-bet. I was expecting him to come over the top once I 4-bet so small but he just calls which messes up the plan. As played, how do I proceed on this kind of flop though? Am I checking it back or just open shoving here vs his stack? I don't like to donate and he could have small pp's - JJ here etc... with how he's played this. This is a spot that comes around quite often and I always seem to take different lines here, what's the optimal play though (this is Speed Poker so no reads)?

I'm probably checking it back vs a 100bb's villain but I hate to double up a short stack!!! Let me know how you would play it.

Thanks
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Ghartman,

Preflop: Yes, correct. We should rather ship it preflop vs his stack than make such raises. With strong hands like KK/AA we could consider doing that.

As played
      Postflop: He has over $3 left in his stack so yeah, he has to have a really wide calling range to shove here. I'd most likely just Check it as I made mistake preflop. :)

Best Regards.