[NL2-NL10] nl10 Awkward Flop Spot vs Shortie

• Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $5.43 (54.3 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $10.84 (108.4 bb)
      MP: $3.50 (35 bb)
      CO: $5.45 (54.5 bb)
      BTN: $2.90 (29 bb)
      SB: $3.84 (38.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K A
      Hero raises to $0.30, MP folds, CO raises to $1.05, 3 folds, Hero raises to $2.30, CO calls $1.25

Flop: ($4.75) 9 2 9 (2 players)
      Hero??????

Looking back I guess I should have just shoved over his 3-bet. I was expecting him to come over the top once I 4-bet so small but he just calls which messes up the plan. As played, how do I proceed on this kind of flop though? Am I checking it back or just open shoving here vs his stack? I don't like to donate and he could have small pp's - JJ here etc... with how he's played this. This is a spot that comes around quite often and I always seem to take different lines here, what's the optimal play though (this is Speed Poker so no reads)?

I'm probably checking it back vs a 100bb's villain but I hate to double up a short stack!!! Let me know how you would play it.

Thanks
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Ghartman,

Preflop: Yes, correct. We should rather ship it preflop vs his stack than make such raises. With strong hands like KK/AA we could consider doing that.

As played
      Postflop: He has over $3 left in his stack so yeah, he has to have a really wide calling range to shove here. I'd most likely just Check it as I made mistake preflop. :)

Best Regards.