[NL2-NL10] NL10: A6s flush draw

• HughJazz82

can u give me a hint on how to estimate implied odds? Should i have called in that situation while being IP and drawing to the nuts?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.46)
      BB ($17.81)
      UTG ($16.59) [ 17 /12 / 3.3 / 32 (450h) ]
      UTG+1 ($25.47)
      UTG+2 ($3.80)
      MP1 ($4)
      Hero ($20.96)
      BTN ($9.85)

Dealt to Hero 6:diamond: A:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.35, UTG+1 calls $0.35, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.35, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($1.20) 4:diamond: 9:diamond: 8:club:

UTG bets $0.85, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls $0.85

TURN ($2.90) 4:diamond: 9:diamond: 8:club: 2:club:

UTG bets $2.05, Hero folds

UTG wins $2.77
  • 2 replies
    • foulkezboyz
      someone correct me if i'm wrong but this looks like a preflop fold, because hands like A/lowkicker suited, generally turn into trash or top pair weak kicker, and versus a raise and a call from utg, they are probably going to be holding very strong hands, so your top pairs are usually pretty useless to you as the chance they are holding Ax that beats you is reasonably high.

that said you made the call so we can look at your post flop play, on the flop, to make the call, you need to have another $1.35 in implied odds, and it think it is a reasonably close call on whether you get these odds, as a raise from utg indicates a fairly strong hand.
      moving onto the turn, you have the same pot odds, but you need even more implied odds, this time you need a full $3.25, it think it is simply best to fold this one on the turn.

but overall i would say its a more reasonable move to fold it preflop.
    • veriz
      Hello HughJazz82,

We could actually raise the flop but it ain't a must, if we taking it passively then often times we wont get the implied odds on the turn to Call. Therefore might be better to raise the flop while we are also deep and I assume the guy wont go broke very loose. We might gain fold equity and also secure us a free card for the river.

Best Regards.