[NL2-NL10] NL4 FR Monster draw on a paired board

• Phoenix2104
      Phoenix2104
      Bronze
      Ongame Network $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players - View hand 1832137

UTG: $2.16
      Hero (UTG+1): $1.53
      MP1: $3.10
      MP2: $7.90
      CO: $1.40
      BTN: $2.39
      SB: $4.43
      BB: $0.98

CO posts a big blind ($0.04)

Pre Flop: ($0.10) Hero is UTG+1 with Q:spade: J:diamond:
      UTG calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.04, 2 folds, CO checks, BTN calls $0.04, SB calls $0.02, BB checks

Flop: ($0.24) T:diamond: Q:heart: K:spade: (6 players)
      SB bets $0.18, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls $0.18, CO folds, BTN folds

The opponent was a weak player. Having middle pair with a good kicker and an OESD perhaps I should have raised here.

Turn: ($0.60) K:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.32, SB calls $0.32

Now that I think of it this must be a mistake as stronger hands won't fold while weaker hands probably won't call either. :rolleyes:

River: ($1.24) 9:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.94, Hero raises to $0.99 all in, SB calls $0.05

I wasn't happy with his bet as the best scenario for me would be a split pot but I don't know if I could fold here either.

A rather tricky hand for me. I would like to know how should I have played it (street by street if possible please) starting pre-flop until the river call.
      Thanks.
  • 3 replies
    • kenny0503
      kenny0503
      Bronze
      Hey I found this hand really interesting, can't wait to read the advice.

Pre-Flop: I would of folded. With 6 more players to act behind the chance of being raised is too great with a hand that you could not of called with and most likely being oop to any raiser.

Flop: I think a call is the right play here there are too many two pair hands combo's that you are behind too, with the fact that he bet 3/4 pot into 5 people oop is a strong play.

Turn: on the turn I check. bearing in mind a full house/trips is now a real possibility I agree that you aren't going to get stronger hands to fold or weaker hands to call.

River: This is the choice I find really interesting. With the way you played it I believe you have to call he has too many Jx/Kx combo's in his range. A check on the turn however would of meant you facing a much smaller bet on the river so if he had shoved after a check on the turn I believe folding would be best.
    • Phoenix2104
      Phoenix2104
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kenny0503
      A check on the turn however would of meant you facing a much smaller bet on the river so if he had shoved after a check on the turn I believe folding would be best.
      That's my view also.

Just a comment about pre-flop. On e.g. Party Poker I probably would have folded too. I called here just because on this site opponents usually are not aggressive when they have limpers in front of them. I imagine though, Gerv is going to say, "If you want to play the hand, raise it". :D
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey Phoenix,

I have no problems playing Preflop & Flop like this so I do not have any comments on that.

On the Turn you have to ask yourself if you can force better hands out of the pot. I assume Jx is still going to call at least one more street so you are ahead against those most of the time

On the River you just have to call it off or shove for 5 cents more. If he has a weird played full house then so be it :/

Best regards,
      Gerv