[NL2-NL10] NL4 TPTK OOP on drawy board w pot commitment decision on turn

• Deomedes
      Deomedes
      Bronze
      Villain is totally unknown. That might had to have made the fold easier as i now think about the hand, but i would like more thoughts from you guys.

Since guys on these stakes are quite passive ,as everyone who plays higher tells us, and the fold is the general advice here i would like to ask something more. What reads you need to call in situations like that ?

And i mean by asking that: what kind of stats with what hand sample or what kind of previous play would i need from the guy to call or shove over him? (and of course let us spare ourselves from describing idiotic plays that only a crazy/ drunk or tilty player would only do in these stakes!!!)

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

BTN: $4.00
      SB: $4.06
      BB: $6.24
      UTG: $2.24
      MP: $6.28
      Hero (CO): $4.00

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has Kh As

fold, MP calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.16, BTN calls $0.16, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.42, 2 players) Qh 9d Ks
      Hero bets $0.30, BTN calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.02, 2 players) 6d
      Hero bets $0.72, BTN raises to $2.12, Hero ???
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Deomedes,

Super easy fold, there is nothing even to think of. :P Don't level yourself there, you are most often going to be behind there.

You wont have such reads nor understanding the game, cause if you would you wouldn't be playing those limits. :) Make a basic rule for yourself to fold in those spots, you wont make profit here by calling and neither this guy isn't raising ever this way with weaker hands. He would be shoving normally for fold equity or bluffs. ;)

Best Regards.