[NL2-NL10] NL2 Zoom right play?

• kenny0503
      PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($2.07)
      Villian (SB) ($1.31)
      BB ($2.07)
      UTG ($0.97)
      UTG+1 ($0.93)
      MP1 ($0.38)
      Hero (MP2) ($2.10)
      MP3 ($2.05)
      CO ($2)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8, 8
      3 folds, Hero calls $0.02, 3 folds, Villian calls $0.01, BB checks

Flop: ($0.06) 7, 8, 10 (3 players)
      Villian bets $0.04, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.16, Villian calls $0.12

Turn: ($0.38) Q (2 players)
      Villian checks, Hero bets $0.36, Villian calls $0.36

River: ($1.10) J (2 players)
      Villian bets $0.77 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: $1.10 | Rake: $0.04

Preflop was pretty standard I could of raised but stuck with the bss chart.

On the flop it was a really wet board, looking back I should of made my raise larger for protection/value. When he just calls I take him off two pair and put him on a oesd/fd.

The Q on the turn doesn't really change much unless it improves him to two pair. Going into the river I was putting him on a pair with a 9, after calling a raise on the flop and pot size on turn or a combo draw with A9s.

The river made everything! But was this the right play? the flop raise was too small so how big should I be making it? & then would an overbet on the turn be a good choice?

All comments welcome, thanks.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello kenny0503,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

You could raise a bit bigger on the flop while it's so drawy but otherwise not much to do, good fold cause you ain't beating there anything. Almost everything got there.

Best Regards.