How many buy ins for live poker?

• CHARMANDER06
      CHARMANDER06
      Bronze
      Hey guys!

I have been playing live poker for about a month and was wondering how many buy ins do guys use as a bankroll for playing live? I play NL100 and the games are ridic soft. I have been using about 10 buy ins and well I never lost more than 2 buy ins a row so far and have played over 120hours. Im considering taking a shot at NL200 once I reach the 2.2k$ mark. What do you guys think?
  • 3 replies
    • TrueMortem
      TrueMortem
      Bronze
      well... Live poker is much more about how deep you play....

you consider 100bb for 1BI i guess but most of the time live poker is being played 250+ bb deep ... i guess for those stakes you could have about 2500bb relatively safe roll because of how soft it is....

btw 120 hours is really really small sample...that's like 3k hands...most likely not even 3K
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CHARMANDER06
      Hey guys!

I have been playing live poker for about a month and was wondering how many buy ins do guys use as a bankroll for playing live? I play NL100 and the games are ridic soft. I have been using about 10 buy ins and well I never lost more than 2 buy ins a row so far and have played over 120hours. Im considering taking a shot at NL200 once I reach the 2.2k$ mark. What do you guys think?
      Really depends how big the game plays, buyin caps, willingness to move down, and acceptable risk of ruin. I have seen 1/2 games that play like 5/10 game running and I have seen 1/2 games where everyone buys in for like $50. I know some places only allow $50 buyins while others can be uncapped. I am personally pretty risk adverse so I like a very low risk of ruin.

Assuming
      -100bb starting stack
      -100bb buyin cap
      -fairly weak players
      -fairly risk loving

I think using a 10buyin BRM is ok, but remember to move down once you reach $1200ish
    • CHARMANDER06
      CHARMANDER06
      Bronze
      Originally posted by i5bet72o
      Originally posted by CHARMANDER06
      Hey guys!

Really depends how big the game plays, buyin caps, willingness to move down, and acceptable risk of ruin. I have seen 1/2 games that play like 5/10 game running and I have seen 1/2 games where everyone buys in for like $50. I know some places only allow $50 buyins while others can be uncapped. I am personally pretty risk adverse so I like a very low risk of ruin.

Assuming
      -100bb starting stack
      -100bb buyin cap
      -fairly weak players
      -fairly risk loving

I think using a 10buyin BRM is ok, but remember to move down once you reach $1200ish

Yeah thats about what I was thinking, but ive decided to keep grinding NL100 for another month and start NL200 in september

thanks for the advice