[NL2-NL10] 88 (#1 by dember)

• dember
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with 8, 8.
      3 folds, MP3 raises to $0.06, CO folds, Hero calls $0.06, SB calls $0.05, BB calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.24) 9, 4, 3 (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.12, SB folds, BB folds, MP3 calls $0.12.
      QUESTION: Was this bet correct?

Turn: ($0.48) T (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.
      QUESTION: Can I profitably bet here? MP3 might slowplay something better than my 88. However, if I don't bet, MP3 will surely sense weakness and could bet any river even with a missed draw, etc.

River: ($0.48) A (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.23, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.48.
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      Hello dember,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Flop: Betting is still fine but you should definitely Bet it a bit bigger and protect your hand.
      Turn: Rather Bet the turn as well and might even get value from some overcard type of hands or just draws which could be Check/Calling you like that. MP3 will have a lot of them which plays like that cause he if he had made hand he would be CBetting.
      River: Not much you can do.

Best Regards.
    • dember
      Thanks for the kind welcome and the insightful evaluation!