Recent LAG & Dissconection issues on stars?

• jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Am i the only one with this problem atm?

The past 4/5 days have been annoying, the games frezze frequently after i make actions making the game really jumpy and this is partnered with many complete disconnections which leave the "searching for network" window with the green bar.

I've never had problems like this with stars before. It really is so bad that it's near impossible to play a session. Any advice on what might cause these problems and how i might be able to resolve them? I really don't want to have to look for another site to play at because there really isn't anywhere else decent.
  • 9 replies
    • meantime555
      meantime555
      Bronze
      wireless or cable connect?
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Wireless.
    • meantime555
      meantime555
      Bronze
      ive had no problems with pokerstars so maybe this is your problem. make sure nothing blocking router, this includes if any mirrors have be put in room as this bounces the signal and distorts it even if not in front of mirror. make sure all power cables are away from hub or network cables. you might want to try changing channels there is a free program called inSSIDer on the net you will find it with google, this is in case someone near you has just got internet using the same channel as you, which can mess you signal up, you will find more tips on the site with inssider on. hope this helps
    • suitedaces1701
      suitedaces1701
      Platinum
      I haven't had any problems either.
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by meantime555
      ive had no problems with pokerstars so maybe this is your problem. make sure nothing blocking router, this includes if any mirrors have be put in room as this bounces the signal and distorts it even if not in front of mirror. make sure all power cables are away from hub or network cables. you might want to try changing channels there is a free program called inSSIDer on the net you will find it with google, this is in case someone near you has just got internet using the same channel as you, which can mess you signal up, you will find more tips on the site with inssider on. hope this helps
      I will have a look at that site and see if that helps. Will changing the channel affect anything on other computers? (i have 3 computers using the same connection).

I find it a bit odd though this is happening the last 5days or so seeing as nothing has been changed recently in regards to set up and location etc.

Thank you for the help.
    • Quadzzzzzzz
      Quadzzzzzzz
      Bronze
      It shouldn't do, changing the channel could help stop interference from other external devices. It could have been that someone next door to you set up something that interferes with that channel. Just a thought, it happened to me once..
    • Vygantas82
      Vygantas82
      Bronze
      write to pokerstars support your operating system, router model, antivirus - software firewall you use and they will tell you what to do. Maybie you have some bad router like d-link? Also you can try to forward TCP port 26002 which pokerstars uses in your router
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vygantas82
      write to pokerstars support your operating system, router model, antivirus - software firewall you use and they will tell you what to do. Maybie you have some bad router like d-link? Also you can try to forward TCP port 26002 which pokerstars uses in your router
      I got in contact with pokerstars support but i couldn't locate an option in my advanced router settings to alter trigger and public port.

I decided to experiment with disabling the router fire wall before i open the pokerstars client and my first session like this was very smooth, small sample size so i'm just hoping this resolves my issue.

Is there any harm in not enabling the firewall again after sessions? I mean all my computers have firewalls on the computers, so i don't see any problems with leaving my router firewall disabled. Is this ok?
    • Vygantas82
      Vygantas82
      Bronze
      God router with a firewall is your first line of defense. It's simply "must have" if you want to have secure computer in our days. It's doing great job by stoping all internet worms, hackers and other nasty stuff before it even gets to your computer(s). You should better find a solution with your router's manufacturers suport, in routers manual or some IT forum. http://www.portforward.com may also help you. If you connect directly to the internet with windows vista/7 and using their built in firewall at least select public network, patch your OS and programs with updates