[FR] T5s from BB

• kipperkalle
      kipperkalle
      Bronze
      Opponent was loose passive player. Had coldcalled 99 from MP and coldcall 54s from BB. Check called flop/turn with his top pair, then check raised river.

Was the fold ok? I'm not sure what I have here.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, 5.
      3 folds, MP1 calls, 5 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: (2.4 SB) Q, J, T (2 players)
      Hero bets, MP1 raises, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.2 BB) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets, Hero folds, MP1 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: 3.2 BB.
  • 3 replies
      Bronze
      wrong place :P

EDIT:

You say hes a LP guy. and that board is pretty connected. In fact I wouldn't even bet the flop when i check preflop. I would simply give up on the flop. I dont see any reason why we would think they would fold. But yeah its a no brainer fold on the turn since you didnt bet again which i think was the smartest decision you made in this hand

Look you only got bottom pair shit kicker on a TJQK board. basically anything he raises on the flop has you beat. the only thing you beat is a pure bluff with cards under T and low pocket pairs 99 doesn't even work that beats you too. so any 88 and below and random undercards to a 9 discounting the Ax because that beats you too.
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      Hi,

To get quick feedback you can post your hand here: Hand Evaluations up to Fixed Limit 0.25/0.50

I like check/call flop in this spot. If we consider betting... then there are not so many worse hands that want to call us so I don't see a value bet. Bluffing with our made hand isn't likely to get better hands to fold. We're doing OK here on the flop anyways.

I'd rather play check/call because sometimes a straight draw will bluff raise when we bet and its hard to continue against a raise with just bottom pair. Checking can sometimes induce bets from weaker made hands like low pairs or pure bluffs too that would usually just fold.

As played I think we should actually fold to the raise. if we're behind now we often have about 6 outs: discounting our 2-pair/trip outs a bit and 2 for our back door flush draw. We're only getting 5.5:1 and our reverse implied odds cancel out our implied odds.

On the turn we're getting 4:1 to basically draw for a chop pot. We have about 3 clean outs to a chop (1.5 outs) so we would need about 30:1 to continue. Standard turn fold.
    • kipperkalle
      kipperkalle
      Bronze
      Can this thread be moved? Fish can't post :f_o:

What good does check call flop do? Just hope your hand improves to a set? Just trying to figure it out.