This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[FR] T5s from BB

• kipperkalle
      kipperkalle
      Bronze
      Opponent was loose passive player. Had coldcalled 99 from MP and coldcall 54s from BB. Check called flop/turn with his top pair, then check raised river.

Was the fold ok? I'm not sure what I have here.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, 5.
      3 folds, MP1 calls, 5 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: (2.4 SB) Q, J, T (2 players)
      Hero bets, MP1 raises, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.2 BB) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets, Hero folds, MP1 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: 3.2 BB.
  • 3 replies
      Bronze
      wrong place :P

EDIT:

You say hes a LP guy. and that board is pretty connected. In fact I wouldn't even bet the flop when i check preflop. I would simply give up on the flop. I dont see any reason why we would think they would fold. But yeah its a no brainer fold on the turn since you didnt bet again which i think was the smartest decision you made in this hand

Look you only got bottom pair shit kicker on a TJQK board. basically anything he raises on the flop has you beat. the only thing you beat is a pure bluff with cards under T and low pocket pairs 99 doesn't even work that beats you too. so any 88 and below and random undercards to a 9 discounting the Ax because that beats you too.
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      Hi,

To get quick feedback you can post your hand here: Hand Evaluations up to Fixed Limit 0.25/0.50

I like check/call flop in this spot. If we consider betting... then there are not so many worse hands that want to call us so I don't see a value bet. Bluffing with our made hand isn't likely to get better hands to fold. We're doing OK here on the flop anyways.

I'd rather play check/call because sometimes a straight draw will bluff raise when we bet and its hard to continue against a raise with just bottom pair. Checking can sometimes induce bets from weaker made hands like low pairs or pure bluffs too that would usually just fold.

As played I think we should actually fold to the raise. if we're behind now we often have about 6 outs: discounting our 2-pair/trip outs a bit and 2 for our back door flush draw. We're only getting 5.5:1 and our reverse implied odds cancel out our implied odds.

On the turn we're getting 4:1 to basically draw for a chop pot. We have about 3 clean outs to a chop (1.5 outs) so we would need about 30:1 to continue. Standard turn fold.
    • kipperkalle
      kipperkalle
      Bronze
      Can this thread be moved? Fish can't post :f_o:

What good does check call flop do? Just hope your hand improves to a set? Just trying to figure it out.