[NL2-NL10] KQh

• jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      Now this is my attempt at slow play when I'm ahead... but maybe I'm not actually ahead... :f_confused:

Villain 14/9 150 hands

iPoker - $0.04 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): $4.00
      SB: $4.53
      BB: $3.49
      UTG: $3.69
      UTG+1: $5.09
      UTG+2: $4.00
      MP: $4.20
      MP+1: $8.37
      CO: $3.82

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has K:heart: Q:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.12, Hero calls $0.12, SB calls $0.10, fold

Flop: ($0.40, 3 players) Q:diamond: 6:club: Q:spade:
      SB bets $0.08, fold, Hero calls $0.08

Turn: ($0.56, 2 players) 8:club:
      SB bets $0.28, Hero calls $0.28

River: ($1.12, 2 players) 2:spade:
      SB bets $0.84, Hero raises to $1.92, SB calls $1.08

Hero mucks K:heart: Q:heart: (Three of a Kind, Queens) (Pre 49%, Flop 23%, Turn 16%)
      SB shows 6:heart: 6:diamond: (Full House, Sixes full of Queens) (Pre 51%, Flop 77%, Turn 84%)
      SB wins $4.63

Are you pretty much fucked when you run into these 'I've flopped a set, but he's flopped a fullhouse' situations?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jules97,

Well, the problem in your play here is that as if you take a look at his bet sizes. You will recognize his strength of the hand goes stronger & stronger. Which could indicate that he has a strong hand already there.

He isn't super loose or anything but expecting him still have have worse Qx hands shouldn't be a problem if you even at some point raise him. We are just coolered and sometimes we get ourselves into such spots, we can't get away. Only option would be to play way ahead/behind.

Myself I'd most likely just threw a raise right on the flop and start to build up the pot.

Best Regards.
    • druidulix
      druidulix
      Bronze
      I'm also having problems with this type of hands, if we raise flop (which I think we should do, mostly because of his tiny sizing) whats the plan for the other streets, if he calls? If he raises us, do we get it in?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by druidulix
      I'm also having problems with this type of hands, if we raise flop (which I think we should do, mostly because of his tiny sizing) whats the plan for the other streets, if he calls? If he raises us, do we get it in?
      Depends what kind of sizes he picks and etc. Also against what opponent we are against, could he have worse Qx hands. According to that we base our action. But mostly we would be calling his raise and reevaluating the turn to keep his range wide and also weaker hands in the play.

But when they tend to pick a min-donk and then 3bet it's very often going to be a strong hand. So we are facing very often here a Qx hand.