The Mississippi Bluff - Lagging It Up In The Micros.

• Millsyuk
      Millsyuk
      Bronze
      My first attempt at blogging sort of fell beside the wayside as I wasn't playing much at the time. Considering I met the goals I had originally set it seems I may as well start afresh. A few months ago I was beating NL50 on stars, for various reasons I lost pretty much my whole roll - I think I was at something like $20 when I started my first blog with the aim of getting to $150.

Anyway, I currently have just over $160 on Stars. While I'm in the micros I'm going to use a 15 buy in bankroll and move up and down as needed. I know this is overly aggressive to many but I beat the games well and would like to move back up the limits as soon as possible. As long as I have the discipline to move back down as required I think aggressive BRM thorugh the micros is ok. To make the step up to the low stakes I want to have at least 25 - 30 buy ins, so $1,250 - $1,500.

So, plan is:

- <$150 NL5
      - $150 - $375 NL10
      - $375 - $1250 NL25

Any FPP's I get will be used to play sats for the T$. I then use these to play HU SNG's to convert them to $.

A little about my game. I am currently playing a very loose style, I average; VPIP 35, PFR 29, 3bet 6. I think this works very well through the micros with the amount of overly tight regulars that play so many tables that they will never be able to adjust properly. It also means playing a ton of hands with the fish. I don't have specific hands for each position, I just play what I think is profitable at the time depending on whos involved in the hand/left to act and table dynamics etc.

I also tend to take a decent amount of unorthodox (read SPEWY) lines, which is why I decided on this blog title. Something I feel I do well as a player is hand reading and knowing what I can represent, so I tend to try and push people off hands as much as possible whether its by triple barreling, reraising etc. There are also some areas of my game which need some work, mostly involving tilt and in playing when I know I won't play at my best, which I'll explain later on.

So that's it, I'll be hitting the tables in a couple of hours, thanks to anybody that reads this and GL at the tables all.

Cheers

Millsy
  • 33 replies
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Welcome to our blogging section!

15BI brm, that requires quite some discipline to stick to, good luck!

While the VPIP and PFR look very LAG, the 3b looks a bit low for such high other stats, really.

Do you have a lot of experience in HUsngs, or HU play in general from before?

Good luck, and will be following!

Regards,
      Richard
    • Millsyuk
      Millsyuk
      Bronze
      Well, about time for an update.

Started playing NL10 on Monday and had the most brutal run of coolers I have ever experienced. Basically in the ten largest pots that I lost I ran into five sets and a flopped straight all while I was holding either AA, two pair or trips. Then there were three hands like this which basically sum up the day.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10)
      BB ($10.75)
      UTG ($10.80)
      UTG+1 ($6.55)
      Hero ($19.04)
      BTN ($9.35)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: 6:club:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.75) 6:spade: 2:spade: Q:spade:

Hero bets $0.60, BTN calls $0.60

TURN ($1.95) 6:spade: 2:spade: Q:spade: Q:heart:

Hero bets $1.30, BTN calls $1.30

RIVER ($4.55) 6:spade: 2:spade: Q:spade: Q:heart: K:club:

Hero bets $3.50, BTN raises to $7.15 (AI), Hero calls $3.65

Hero shows Q:club: 6:club:
      (Pre 28%, Flop 82.3%, Turn 90.9%)

BTN shows K:diamond: Q:diamond:
      (Pre 72%, Flop 17.7%, Turn 9.1%)

BTN wins $18

I actually wanted to fold the river here but I need to win just twenty percent of the time to profit. This guy was playing 22/14/1.6, to be honest it's pretty hard to find a hand that I beat, AQ/AK with a spade, 66, 22?

Anyway I don't think I was playing at my best the whole day and running so badly definately grinds you down, one thing it did reaffirm to me is that I still have some tilt issues. I've been relistening to 'The Eightfold Path to Poker Enlightenment" whilst playing which helps and I highly recommend it to anybody. Heres the graph for Monday, ouch.

Decided to just quit for the day after this as I knew I wasn't playing particularly well. Started again on Tuesday fresh. I had around $110 in my account at this point and decided I'd move back down to NL5 if I dropped below $100. Did a lot better anyway and ended up around $50 for the day. Graph is below. I lost three big hands in a row at around hand 1300, all of these lines are pretty spewy so will explain my thoughts.

Hero ($26.17)
      BB ($17.73)
      UTG ($13.35)
      CO ($11.22)
      BTN ($11.04)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: A:spade:

fold, CO raises to $0.30, fold, Hero calls $0.25, fold

FLOP ($0.70) 7:club: Q:spade: J:club:

Hero checks, CO checks

TURN ($0.70) 7:club: Q:spade: J:club: A:heart:

Hero checks, CO bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

RIVER ($1.70) 7:club: Q:spade: J:club: A:heart: 9:spade:

Hero checks, CO bets $1.21, Hero raises to $3, CO raises to $10.42 (AI), Hero calls $7.42

CO shows K:diamond: T:heart:
      (Pre 38%, Flop 37.8%, Turn 90.9%)

Hero shows J:diamond: A:spade:
      (Pre 62%, Flop 62.2%, Turn 9.1%)

CO wins $21.53

Think this is a definately a huge mistake to call here. Villain was playing 56/30/4 and just wanted to get some extra value from his weaker aces on the river. I think i figured he could shove AK and A9 here, need 33% to break even, don't think I get it.

SB ($9.14)
      BB ($15.99)
      UTG ($10.32)
      Hero ($12.42)
      CO ($10.12)
      BTN ($10.45)

Dealt to Hero 8:spade: T:spade:

UTG raises to $0.35, Hero calls $0.35, fold, BTN raises to $1.40, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $1.05

FLOP ($3.30) 3:spade: T:diamond: A:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $2.30, Hero raises to $11.02 (AI), BTN calls $6.75 (AI)

TURN ($21.40) 3:spade: T:diamond: A:spade: 2:diamond:

RIVER ($21.40) 3:spade: T:diamond: A:spade: 2:diamond: 3:heart:

Hero shows 8:spade: T:spade:
      (Pre 41%, Flop 50.1%, Turn 31.8%)

BTN shows A:heart: Q:club:
      (Pre 59%, Flop 49.9%, Turn 68.2%)

BTN wins $20.44

UTG is super tight and cbets literally once and check folds turns which is why I call originally. BU is a loosish reg who has been 3betting 15pc and has a huge squeeze stat of 33 over the few hundred hands I'd played with him on that table, so decided I would just call instead of folding and check raise all in if I connected semi well on the flop.

SB ($9.30)
      Hero ($10.35)
      CO ($4.21)
      BTN ($25.94)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: Q:spade:

fold, BTN raises to $0.30, SB calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.50, BTN calls $1.20, fold

FLOP ($3.30) J:diamond: 2:diamond: Q:diamond:

Hero bets $2.30, BTN calls $2.30

TURN ($7.90) J:diamond: 2:diamond: Q:diamond: T:spade:

Hero bets $6.55 (AI), BTN calls $6.55

RIVER ($21) J:diamond: 2:diamond: Q:diamond: T:spade: 2:spade:

BTN shows A:club: Q:club:
      (Pre 75%, Flop 53.0%, Turn 68.2%)

Hero shows K:diamond: Q:spade:
      (Pre 25%, Flop 47.0%, Turn 31.8%)

BTN wins $20.06

Pretty standard I think. SB is a fish so could call here to play IP v him post. I think I would always check raise flop and shove turn here anyway so outcome would have been the same.

Yesterday went pretty smoothly, played well and ended up around $50 again. Not really any interesting hands to speak of. Graph is below.

So, bankroll is around $200 now. Have played 4 235fpp sats with my point and have cashed in a massive zero of them, pretty annoying but the variance is huge in them.

Originally posted by fruktpuff
      Do you have a lot of experience in HUsngs, or HU play in general from before?
      Regards,
      Richard
      I've played a ton of HU Sng's ranging from $1.5 up to $100, don't play many of them these days except to use my T$. I could just sell my T$ on the forums but I think playing turbo games to convert them is worth the extra time.

Thanks to anyone that reads this, will keep playing NL10 for now. Will definately be splitting this into smaller updates in future! Took ages to do this one haha.

Cheers,

Millsy
    • clandestineAl
      clandestineAl
      Bronze
      Hey Millsy

I think I have played against you at NL5 on stars. You flamed me in the chat box for calling down your three barrel bluff with top pair :) Anyway glad to see your playing style is working for you and that you are moving up the limits. I will keep an eye on your blog for sure. Take care
    • Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      Word of warning: I will also call down three streets with top pair at NL5 :)
    • Millsyuk
      Millsyuk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by clandestineAl
      Hey Millsy

I think I have played against you at NL5 on stars. You flamed me in the chat box for calling down your three barrel bluff with top pair :) Anyway glad to see your playing style is working for you and that you are moving up the limits. I will keep an eye on your blog for sure. Take care
      Haha yeah I definately have some tilt issues. I apologise. The worst thing is mouthing off to be people puts me on tilt even more, so its even more pointless. It's something I'm working on and getting under control.

Have played about 1900 hands since my last update. Made a small loss yesterday was up about two stacks originally but went onto to mispplay five largish pots which put me down $-19 bucks for the day. A few hands;

I don't know who's play I'm more annoyed at in this hand, mine or his. I messed up bigtime here.

SB ($10)
      BB ($24.82)
      UTG ($10)
      CO ($11.18)
      Hero ($16.05)

Dealt to Hero J:spade: T:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, BB raises to $1, Hero calls $0.70

FLOP ($2.05) 2:diamond: T:club: 5:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $1.20, BB calls $1.20

TURN ($4.45) 2:diamond: T:club: 5:spade: K:spade:

BB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($4.45) 2:diamond: T:club: 5:spade: K:spade: 4:spade:

BB bets $2, Hero raises to $5.50, BB raises to $22.62 (AI), Hero calls $8.35 (AI)

Hero shows J:spade: T:spade:
      (Pre 44%, Flop 77.0%, Turn 72.7%)

BB shows 2:spade: Q:spade:
      (Pre 56%, Flop 23.0%, Turn 27.3%)

BB wins $30.70

This guy was a super nitty losing reg - 15/10/2, WTSD 25. Was amazed when he showed up with Q2. I think if I bet turn I still end up getting in on the river because he will call a turn bet.i think the reason I checked was because I thought he could have AK and be trying to get to showdown. Anyway, I think turn should definately be bet here. I don't know abotu calling his shove on the river...

Another super spewy hand by me.

SB ($8.91)
      BB ($10.30)
      UTG ($9.60)
      CO ($12.43)
      Hero ($19.79)

Dealt to Hero 7:heart: 6:club:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, SB raises to $0.80, fold, Hero calls $0.50

FLOP ($1.70) 3:heart: 5:club: 6:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $1.20, SB raises to $2.90, Hero calls $1.70

TURN ($7.50) 3:heart: 5:club: 6:diamond: 9:spade:

SB bets $2.30, Hero calls $2.30

RIVER ($12.10) 3:heart: 5:club: 6:diamond: 9:spade: 9:club:

SB bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

Hero shows 7:heart: 6:club:
      (Pre 18%, Flop 34.5%, Turn 29.5%)

SB shows Q:heart: Q:spade:
      (Pre 82%, Flop 65.5%, Turn 70.5%)

SB wins $16.33

I don't knwo how bad this is really, he gives me decent enough odds to call down with his bet sizing. Villain was a huge fish playing 32/5/4.7. Called river because I can see him taking this lien with something like AK and need to win 15% to break even. To be honest though I think this should be a n easy fold when he check raises flop.

Have done a little bit better today and am up around 4 stacks in the 800 hands I've played. Would put some more time in but am going to head out for an early start with a few beers and a BBQ.

Hand I played v a reg today...

SB ($12.35)
      BB ($12.65)
      UTG ($11.90)
      Hero ($15.76)
      CO ($10.42)
      BTN ($7.10)

Dealt to Hero T:club: T:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, fold, fold, SB raises to $1.30, fold, fold, Hero calls $1

FLOP ($3) 5:club: 7:spade: 6:spade:

SB checks, Hero bets $2.10, SB calls $2.10

TURN ($7.20) 5:club: 7:spade: 6:spade: Q:club:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($7.20) 5:club: 7:spade: 6:spade: Q:club: 9:diamond:

SB bets $8.95 (AI), Hero calls $8.95

SB shows A:diamond: K:diamond:
      (Pre 46%, Flop 25.6%, Turn 13.6%)

Hero shows T:club: T:diamond:
      (Pre 54%, Flop 74.4%, Turn 86.4%)

Hero wins $23.97

Don't think he realises he reps nothing with this line. He had been squeezing a ton (3b14, sq20) over a couple of hundred hands and didn't play well at all post so I like to call in these spots. Most of the time he will barrel once and check fold river, but this time I let him try and take the pot on the river.

Another reg playing face up...

SB ($7.84)
      BB ($13.21)
      UTG ($10)
      UTG+1 ($10.25)
      Hero ($10.15)
      BTN ($10)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: J:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, BB raises to $0.70, Hero calls $0.40

FLOP ($1.45) A:club: T:club: 2:club:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.70, BB calls $0.70

TURN ($2.85) A:club: T:club: 2:club: A:heart:

BB checks, Hero bets $2.30, BB calls $2.30

RIVER ($7.45) A:club: T:club: 2:club: A:heart: 8:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $3.40, BB calls $3.40

Hero shows A:diamond: J:spade:
      (Pre 29%, Flop 89.4%, Turn 95.5%)

BB shows Q:diamond: Q:heart:
      (Pre 71%, Flop 10.6%, Turn 4.5%)

Hero wins $13.61

Against anyone decent I just fold pre but he has a 3bet of 4 and cbets 47, 50 so it's easy to put him on a range and take control of the hand. If the A hadn't come on the turn I would juct check call to river. When it comes and makes me less likely to have it I know he'll call down his KK/QQ if I don't get too greedy.

So, graph for the last couple of days -

Not too bad, probably put in another session tomorrow afternoon, time to head out, Happy Friday all.

Cheers

Millsy
    • Millsyuk
      Millsyuk
      Bronze
      Just finished up another session. Played around 1100 hands and ended up $24. Played a few hundred hands yesterday as well and ended up making another $6 or so. Heres my graph for today.

Session stats for the week. Winrate works out to about 10bb/100, not bad as I've definately messed up in a few big pots.

Going to take a break for a couple of hours anyway. roll is now at $260. Contemplating taking a shot at NL25 later and moving back down if I don't hit the ground running and drop $25. Not a bad week so far and definately making decent progress towards moving back up the limits.
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      Yo misllsyuk, really like your blog :)

Nice hands there, love your thought-process.

I'm currently grinding some nl5 after a nl10 butchered 6BI from me :D

I'll be definitely following :)
    • Millsyuk
      Millsyuk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SneakyhanD
      Yo misllsyuk, really like your blog :)

Nice hands there, love your thought-process.

I'm currently grinding some nl5 after a nl10 butchered 6BI from me :D

I'll be definitely following :)
      Thanks for following and your comments, appreciate it. Good luck with getting back to NL10. Looks like your coaching deal is working well for you and NL10 isn't a big step up, so shouldn't be too hard for you to beat it.
    • Millsyuk
      Millsyuk
      Bronze
      Finished up yesterday pretty well. Made about $25 from FPP's and hit a $50 milestone which boosted my account to $325 after my NL10 session. Decided to take a shot at NL25 given it was Sunday and the games were soft.

First session didn't really go that well. Ended up with a snall profit of $3, also ran over $50 under EV but I think I played overly aggressive in some spots. Some spewy hands here -

Villain here is a bad regular 29/18/3.5, only 76 hands.

NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($30.54)
      BB ($25)
      UTG ($15.95)
      Hero ($33.60)
      CO ($25.60)
      BTN ($10)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: A:spade:

UTG calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1, fold, fold, SB calls $0.90, fold, UTG calls $0.75

FLOP ($3.25) T:diamond: 9:diamond: Q:diamond:

SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $2.25, SB raises to $5.80, UTG folds, Hero calls $3.55

TURN ($14.85) T:diamond: 9:diamond: Q:diamond: K:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets $12.25, SB raises to $23.74 (AI), Hero calls $11.49

RIVER ($62.33) T:diamond: 9:diamond: Q:diamond: K:spade: 9:heart:

SB shows 7:diamond: A:diamond:
      (Pre 31%, Flop 91.2%, Turn 95.5%)

Hero shows J:diamond: A:spade:
      (Pre 69%, Flop 8.8%, Turn 4.5%)

SB wins $60.33

Don't know whether this is a bit of a cooler or not. I hadn't expected him to flat Ad7d there which I htink is a pretty bad line and should be 3bet or folded. For that reason figured he can definately reraise his two pairs and 99, TT and possibly QQ are options, plus I have outs when he has a low flush. When I make the straight on the turn I just want to get the money in against all his two pairs and sets etc and obviously am never folding when he shoves.

I 3bet here because this guy would never fold anything to 3bets but had a fold to cbet of 70 percent and would play fairly straighforward post.

SB ($25)
      BB ($26.20)
      UTG ($25)
      UTG+1 ($99.80)
      CO ($13.66)
      Hero ($25.43)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: 6:spade:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.62, fold, Hero raises to $2.25, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $1.63

FLOP ($4.85) 8:spade: 5:spade: 4:heart:

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $3.50, UTG+1 raises to $9, Hero raises to $23.18 (AI), UTG+1 calls $14.18

TURN ($51.21) 8:spade: 5:spade: 4:heart: A:diamond:

RIVER ($51.21) 8:spade: 5:spade: 4:heart: A:diamond: 9:club:

Hero shows K:spade: 6:spade:
      (Pre 67%, Flop 39.8%, Turn 22.7%)

UTG+1 shows 6:heart: 7:heart:
      (Pre 33%, Flop 60.2%, Turn 77.3%)

UTG+1 wins $49.21

I'm always going to be behind when he reraises but I have equity vs everything. Even if I give him this fairly strong range (QQ-88,55-44,76s,54s,76o,54o) I have 45% equity so its an easy get in for me.

Villain here was very aggressive, 3bet 15, sq 100 over the 50 hands I had. Thought he might just be a fish trying to double or go broke.

Hero ($25)
      BB ($17.93)
      UTG ($51.38)
      UTG+1 ($4.91)
      CO ($26.11)
      BTN ($26.97)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: Q:spade:

UTG raises to $0.75, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.65, BB raises to $3.20, fold, Hero raises to $25 (AI), BB calls $14.73 (AI)

FLOP ($36.61) 3:spade: 8:spade: J:club:

TURN ($36.61) 3:spade: 8:spade: J:club: 8:heart:

RIVER ($36.61) 3:spade: 8:spade: J:club: 8:heart: 2:club:

BB shows A:club: K:club:
      (Pre 72%, Flop 53.2%, Turn 67.0%)

Hero shows A:spade: Q:spade:
      (Pre 28%, Flop 46.8%, Turn 33.0%)

BB wins $34.96

Don't think this a a bad spot to jam, If BB was a decent reg I would probably be getting it in anyway.

Here's my session graph, think I had a bit of a lapse in concentration around hand 800 - when I start getting bored I start browsing websites. This makes me play on autopilot which means my redline tanks.

Anyway, knew I was playing well enough to beat the games so took a break and put in another coupel of sessions at NL25, these went much more smoothly although I managed to run a chunk over all in EV this time. Full graph from yesterday with my session stats -

At the end of the day my roll stood at $385. Had to withdraw $100 to help pay for some things this week so my roll is $285, have also got quite a few FPP's to try and convert to cash. Will probably play NL25 again today, if I get below $250 I'll drop back down to NL10 and grind up to the $375 I'd originally planned.

Good luck at the tables all, thanks to anyone that reads all this.

Millsy
    • Millsyuk
      Millsyuk
      Bronze
      Well once again I've got lazy updating this. Have been very busy recently so haven't had as much time to play as I'd have liked. Also, I have been through one of the worst and longest downswings I've ever experienced and didn't really want to update during it as I don't won't to end up moaning on here.

Anyway here's my cash game graph so far this month.

In the first 20k hands I played I made a whopping $20 at showdown, in comparison at this point last month I was up over $400 at showdown at NL10. It's hard for me to understand as I play so many hands yet go to showdown a relatively small amount, I think this was a combination of just running horribly and never getting paid when I had it as well as making some mistakes with opening and calling ranges. As you can tell from the graph as well I ran a ton under all in EV, somewhere around twelve stacks at NL10.

Anyway, something good has come from all this as I decided to do a massive review of my game. I'd planned to do this when I got back to NL25 but after running so bad for so long it seemed like a good thing to do. I basically went through all my hands from the last two months and have found 8 or so decent sized leaks. Think I did this at somewhere around 20k hands so has obviously helped.

Another awesome thing that's happened is while every month this year I've made at least $150+ from my FPP's, this month I am down around $25 for Sats/SNGs/MTTs. I'm over $50 under ev here as well which is nice. When it rains it pours.

So, plan is to get back to grinding NL10 and make it to NL25 ASAP, hopefully having put some study in will help me move back up quicker and hopefully I won't run as bas as I have so far. Will post some hands up from my play today either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Good luck at the tables all.

Millsy
    • Millsyuk
      Millsyuk
      Bronze
      Hello all,

Have decided to resurrect this blog once again. Basically I almost went busto due to running the worst I ever have for around 3 months. I now need to start from scratch again and think it's a good idea to track my progress and post hands etc, hopefully I can keep it update this time.

On going nearly broke: every time I have a downswing thats worse than the last I think that at least I will never see anything like it again, but this has been frankly amazing and in every variant I have played. I have been trying to get a roll back together to play NL25 with and have basically broken even for 50k hands despite beating it for nearly 10bb/100 the 50k before that.

Also I have run even worse at sit and gos. They're not something I normally play anymore except to convert my FPP's into cash. Basically I play the 235 sats and then play whatever I feel like to convert my T$ into $, normally HU games and 6max hypers. I started playing them more often recently as playing a different game type can be refreshing when running badly. As well I have always made a profit whichever variants I've played and I saw that I had a good edge compared to a lot of the regs playing the lower stakes games, with a lot of them being breakeven or losing. This is my SNG graph for this year, note the last few hundred games.

To sum it up I had some T$ to convert yesterday, I decided to play $7 HU hypers to convert them quickly, this is how I got my chips in winning a massive 3/15 hands.

But anyway, onwards and upwards, I have enough to play NL5 ZOOM so thats what I'll be playing. I've always found it very hard to drop down in stakes but this downswing has shown me once again that my BRM really isn't good enough, time to swallow some pride and start from the bottom of the ladder. I already put in two sessions this morning and am up six stacks, graph below. I've got a couple of weeks off work at the moment so I can put in some good volume and hopefully get back up the stakes quickly.

Thanks to anyone that read all this!

Millsy
    • Millsyuk
      Millsyuk
      Bronze
      Hello all,

Have moved up to NL10 and have put in a ton of volume the last few days. Unfortunately I'm running horribly. I had my worst ever session in terms of buy ins on Sunday. I'd started the day well and was up five stacks, somehow though the next session I played I managed to lose a massive thirteen stacks. On top of this I've run terribly in all in pots the last two days as well and I'm now fifteen stacks under all in EV for 3 days. Here's my graph.

The worst thing is that the all in ev doesnt represent the amazing suckouts that keep happening as well as some huge coolers. For example this hand:

Hero ($17.32)
      BB ($10.33)
      UTG ($5.02)
      UTG+1 ($21.43)
      CO ($13)
      BTN ($34.36)

Dealt to Hero A:club: T:club:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.25, fold

FLOP ($0.70) T:diamond: 4:diamond: A:heart:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.35, Hero raises to $1.20, BTN raises to $2.85, Hero raises to $17.02 (AI), BTN calls $14.17

TURN ($34.74) T:diamond: 4:diamond: A:heart: 2:club:

RIVER ($34.74) T:diamond: 4:diamond: A:heart: 2:club: J:spade:

BTN shows T:heart: T:spade:
      (Pre 65%, Flop 91.2%, Turn 95.5%)

Hero shows A:club: T:club:
      (Pre 35%, Flop 8.8%, Turn 4.5%)

BTN wins $33.24

Villain is a tight bad regular. I basically wanted to make it look like I had a decent draw here as I thought he'd call off AK/AQ plus AA/TT are unlikely given I have blockers to both.

Another hand against a terrible reg.

SB ($10.98)
      Hero ($23.61)
      UTG ($23.72)
      UTG+1 ($4.35)
      CO ($3.92)
      BTN ($11.70)

Dealt to Hero K:club: Q:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, CO raises to $0.60, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.50, UTG calls $0.30

FLOP ($1.85) T:club: J:spade: A:club:

Hero checks, UTG bets $0.90, CO folds, Hero raises to $2.70, UTG calls $1.80

TURN ($7.25) T:club: J:spade: A:club: A:heart:

Hero checks, UTG checks

RIVER ($7.25) T:club: J:spade: A:club: A:heart: 2:spade:

Hero bets $4.20, UTG calls $4.20

Hero shows K:club: Q:diamond:
      (Pre 44%, Flop 65.1%, Turn 0.0%)

UTG shows J:club: J:heart:
      (Pre 56%, Flop 34.9%, Turn 100.0%)

UTG wins $14.95

I was amazed when he turned over JJ given there are so many bad turn cards and lots of hands I can stack off withon the flop, so why flat? I think I was actually more annoyed by his line than losing the pot. On the river I was just trying to get value from his A hands as I'd pretty much put him on AK/Q, I'm not sure if bet too thin for value in these spots too often. This the second time today I've flopped the nut straight and lost haha, in the other hand two players stacked off on the flop so lost a 300+bb pot there as the favourite :f_frown: .

Managed to make about $40 from my FPP's today so at least that covers most of losses. Will probably play again tonight, hopefully I can get back in the black.
    • Millsyuk
      Millsyuk
      Bronze
      Put in another another session and managed to get myself into a healthy profit for the day. Here's my graph.

Hand of the day has to be this one just due to pot size, I love being able to play super deep on Zoom. This is the first hand I'd played against villain but as far as I know he's a regular.

Hero ($41.30)
      BB ($28.71)
      UTG ($13.65)
      UTG+1 ($10.05)
      CO ($12.23)
      BTN ($7.49)

Dealt to Hero A:club: 2:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BB raises to $0.90, Hero raises to $2.70, BB calls $1.80

FLOP ($5.40) K:club: A:spade: T:club:

Hero bets $3.50, BB calls $3.50

TURN ($12.40) K:club: A:spade: T:club: 9:club:

Hero checks, BB bets $8.90, Hero raises to $35.10 (AI), BB calls $13.61 (AI)

RIVER ($57.42) K:club: A:spade: T:club: 9:club: Q:diamond:

Hero shows A:club: 2:club:
      (Pre 60%, Flop 51.4%, Turn 90.9%)

BB shows K:heart: T:diamond:
      (Pre 40%, Flop 48.6%, Turn 9.1%)

Hero wins $55.92

VS a very aggro winning reg.

Hero ($25.83)
      BB ($15.73)
      UTG ($36.90)
      UTG+1 ($13.14)
      CO ($14.13)
      BTN ($11.30)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: 6:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BB calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.60) 6:spade: K:spade: 5:heart:

Hero bets $0.40, BB calls $0.40

TURN ($1.40) 6:spade: K:spade: 5:heart: 7:club:

Hero bets $1, BB raises to $2.90, Hero calls $1.90

RIVER ($7.20) 6:spade: K:spade: 5:heart: 7:club: 3:club:

Hero checks, BB bets $7.90, Hero calls $7.90

Hero shows K:heart: 6:diamond:
      (Pre 35%, Flop 93.2%, Turn 100.0%)

BB shows A:heart: J:heart:
      (Pre 65%, Flop 6.8%, Turn 0.0%)

Hero wins $21.96

I guess he put me on a single K and didn't think I could call. Obviously he didn't realise I'm a spewtard as well haha. I would have actually been more inclined to fold if he hadn't overbet, tbh thought he was going to show two pair and was trying to get value from a K using the missed flush draw.

So, finally back into positive $'s since I started blogging again, just a shame about all that EV. Results so far:

Cheers,

Millsy
    • Millsyuk
      Millsyuk
      Bronze
      V a bad nitty regular, something like 19/10/2.

SB ($36.85)
      BB ($11.39)
      Hero ($19.51)
      UTG+1 ($11.26)
      CO ($10)
      BTN ($11.82)

Dealt to Hero 4:heart: 4:spade:

Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.80, fold, Hero calls $0.50

FLOP ($1.70) 4:club: Q:club: 3:spade:

SB bets $0.90, Hero raises to $2.80, SB calls $1.90

TURN ($7.30) 4:club: Q:club: 3:spade: 5:spade:

SB checks, Hero bets $4.40, SB raises to $8.80, Hero raises to $15.91 (AI), SB calls $7.11

RIVER ($39.12) 4:club: Q:club: 3:spade: 5:spade: 2:heart:

SB shows Q:diamond: Q:spade:
      (Pre 82%, Flop 95.7%, Turn 97.7%)

Hero shows 4:heart: 4:spade:
      (Pre 18%, Flop 4.3%, Turn 2.3%)

SB wins $37.62

Such an easy hand to get away from or at least pot control, don't know why I decide to get stacks in.

Firstly his weak donkbet trying to look weak and his flat of my raise - I think he will always try and get his overpairs in here with the flush draw on the board. Even on the turn I could fold after his horrible minraise. Ugh. Was going through my head from the flop, he has QQ, yet I still get aggro. Play better!
    • Millsyuk
      Millsyuk
      Bronze
      Took first shot at NL25. Up six stacks at one point, from then on missed every draw, bad turns and rivers, nothing to take to showdown with, standard. Last hand I squeeze AKs and end up getting it in v AA. Shouldn't complain really as profitable session just annoying ending a session by slowly losing 4 stacks. Anyway, most of the regs are just as face up as NL10 so should be easily beatable.

Three spots where I wasn't sure what to do, will probably post these in the hand review forums as well.

This guy is a nitty standard reg. 20/15/2.0

SB ($25.68)
      BB ($27.79)
      UTG ($32.76)
      UTG+1 ($84.36)
      CO ($26.25)
      Hero ($37.06)

Dealt to Hero A:club: 8:spade:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.75, CO calls $0.75, Hero raises to $3, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $2.25, CO calls $2.25

FLOP ($9.35) K:club: 9:spade: 8:club:

UTG+1 checks, CO checks, Hero bets $5.50, UTG+1 calls $5.50, CO folds

TURN ($20.35) K:club: 9:spade: 8:club: Q:heart:

UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($20.35) K:club: 9:spade: 8:club: Q:heart: 2:club:

UTG+1 bets $9.25, Hero folds

UTG+1 wins $19.43

Obviously I can't call here but I was so close to shoving this river. I think I rep the flush pretty credibly given my line and he has to call nearly an extra stack. I also have the Ac so he can never have AQcc. Not sure how good or bad this is??

Both these guys are fairly standard tightish regs.

SB ($24.75)
      BB ($25)
      Hero ($52.46)
      UTG+1 ($25.35)
      CO ($25)
      BTN ($32.03)

Dealt to Hero 8:spade: 9:spade:

Hero raises to $0.75, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.75, SB raises to $3, fold, Hero calls $2.25, BTN calls $2.25

FLOP ($9.25) 4:club: 5:club: 9:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $5, BTN raises to $29.03 (AI), SB folds, Hero folds

BTN wins $18.38

Really not sure about this hand, I need to win 37% to call. Hard to put him on a hand, I think he can have anything from 45 to QQ and then AK/Qcc as well as a possible set. To be honest I thought he had put me on QQ and shove expecting me to think he was on a draw and to show up with 45 or a set, still not sure.

Last hand, BB is a huge fish playing something like 44/13/3.

SB ($25)
      BB ($38.37)
      Hero ($75.41)
      UTG+1 ($25.08)
      CO ($25.83)
      BTN ($12.10)

Dealt to Hero 8:spade: 9:spade:

Hero raises to $0.75, fold, CO calls $0.75, fold, fold, BB calls $0.50

FLOP ($2.35) A:spade: Q:spade: Q:heart:

BB checks, Hero bets $1.50, CO calls $1.50, BB calls $1.50

TURN ($6.85) A:spade: Q:spade: Q:heart: 3:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $4.50, CO folds, BB raises to $9, Hero calls $4.50

RIVER ($24.85) A:spade: Q:spade: Q:heart: 3:spade: 9:diamond:

BB checks, Hero checks

BB shows 6:spade: T:spade:
      (Pre 58%, Flop 78.3%, Turn 100.0%)

Hero shows 8:spade: 9:spade:
      (Pre 42%, Flop 21.7%, Turn 0.0%)

BB wins $23.73

I don't think he ever raises a Q like this so just comes down to whether he can have worse flushes or not. I guess with the odds I'm getting I can't really fold but I would have folded to a river shove so should I be folding to a raise here?

Probably play again tonight if I don't end up going out. If not will be Sunday/Monday.

Happy Friday all, have a good weekend.

Millsy
    • Millsyuk
      Millsyuk
      Bronze
      Played another session, de ja vu really managed to win a huge pot at the end though with kings vs a guy squeezing my iso with jacks, luckily the fish decided to join in with Q9 haha.

Think I might impose breaks on myself after an hour or something as it seems to happen far too often that i make a steady profit and all off a sudden my green line just tanks. Think I lose concentration and miss good spots to bluff/value bet thinly etc. Anyway not a bad day, made about $40 from FPPs as well.

Bluffing with the best hand. :f_biggrin:

Hero ($64.52)
      BB ($117)
      UTG ($14.08)
      UTG+1 ($64.01)
      CO ($41.42)
      BTN ($25)

Dealt to Hero T:heart: 9:heart:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.75, fold, Hero calls $0.65, fold

FLOP ($1.75) 7:spade: J:heart: 3:heart:

Hero checks, CO bets $0.75, Hero raises to $2.25, CO calls $1.50

TURN ($6.25) 7:spade: J:heart: 3:heart: 9:spade:

Hero bets $4.25, CO calls $4.25

RIVER ($14.75) 7:spade: J:heart: 3:heart: 9:spade: J:club:

Hero bets $11.75, CO calls $11.75

Hero shows T:heart: 9:heart:
      (Pre 70%, Flop 88.3%, Turn 87.5%)

CO shows 8:club: 9:club:
      (Pre 30%, Flop 11.7%, Turn 12.5%)

Hero wins $36.53
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Why bluff that river instead of bluffcatching?

Nothing's folding if you're thinking that you'll get him off TT+ or smth !?

I would tankcheck that river and bluffcatch as almost nobody will
      valuebet their solid pairs there in these limits ...

So they'll check those back (no biggie, can't make those fold anyways, so losing less moniez)

So the moneymaker on the river will be bluffcatching imo where they'll be superpolarized to Jx and busted crap.

Tho I could imagine getting thin value from A7/K7/78 :heart: / 98s / 88 (maybe even lower pockets if he's real stubborn and stationy) and avoiding a chop with T9 possibly.

But I'd never bluff there.

What do you think?
    • Millsyuk
      Millsyuk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by StaticMoth
      Why bluff that river instead of bluffcatching?

Nothing's folding if you're thinking that you'll get him off TT+ or smth !?

I would tankcheck that river and bluffcatch as almost nobody will
      valuebet their solid pairs there in these limits ...

So they'll check those back (no biggie, can't make those fold anyways, so losing less moniez)

So the moneymaker on the river will be bluffcatching imo where they'll be superpolarized to Jx and busted crap.

Tho I could imagine getting thin value from A7/K7/78 :heart: / 98s / 88 (maybe even lower pockets if he's real stubborn and stationy) and avoiding a chop with T9 possibly.

But I'd never bluff there.

What do you think?
      Yeah I think the fact he calls 89 proves you right haha. I have a tendency to play overly aggressive if anything - I hate giving up on pots and at the time thought I could rep a J there credibly.

Against anyone that can hand read at all this line is probably spewing money given I have either AJ, a set or a ton or busted draws and AJ is more likely to check call.

This guy is a fish as you can tell, calling a gutshot to a check raise on this board. Something I've been doing a lot more recently is barrelling rivers v fish when obvious cards don't come as they tend to call down with their trash like this only to fold when they don't make two pair+. But as you said he likely has a J or nothing here and I have a bluffcatcher so a bad spot to do it. So yeah I screwed up the river badly, think the rest is ok/fairly standard.

Thanks for your input!

Millsy
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      hows the title relate to this blog in any way? do you use the Mississippi bluff a lot?