Hero (BB): $6.21
      UTG: $32.52
      MP: $12.96
      CO: $4.00
      BTN: $16.49
      SB: $4.34

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BB with 8 :club: T :spade:
      4 folds, SB calls $0.03, Hero raises to $0.20, SB calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.40) 9 :spade: 6 :diamond: 5 :heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.30, SB calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.00) K :heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.00) J :heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.72, Hero raises to $1.85, SB folds

Villain is 35/16 on 51 hands. 50% fold to cbet.

My standard play is to second barrel the K scarecard on turn. Here I tried something different. I don't feel he opencomplete/calls so many Kx, the draws didn't hit so when he tries to take the pot down on the river (or valuebets a lower pair) I can just raise him off it.

Would be interested in some thoughts on this line. I guess someone who was thinking about my range could call me, but then again, when does a thinking player take this line?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Based on his limp and stack size he is a weak opponent, possibly a fishy player.

I like this line when we know he is:
      A) somewhat aggressive and likes to steal pots
      B) not a huge calling station (some fish will call you here with a 9x or other small pairs)

Alternatively, as you said, you can double and even sometime tripple barrel him off a similar range.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Thanks, I have problems knowing when to fire the 3rd barrel. I think I get scared he picked up a weird two-pair or something and will just call me down. Any hints?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DaPhunk,

Easy and simple rule, don't try to overplay fishy players unless you have decent equity yourself or a made hand.

What we could play differently here is that we could easily CB just 1/2 pot size on the flop, no need to make it any bigger. If the guy calls you then he is willing to Call you anyways vs whatever bet.

Best Regards.