[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH TT, where to bet for value?

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $5.07
      BTN: $6.30
      SB: $5.00
      Hero (BB): $5.33
      UTG: $17.10
      MP: $4.43

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BB with T :spade: T :club:
      1 fold, MP calls $0.05, CO raises to $0.25, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.20, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.57) 3 :heart: 3 :spade: 5 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.35, Hero calls $0.35

Turn: ($1.27) 8 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($1.27) A :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Reads;

Vilain is 57/57 on 15 hands. decent aggression.

Originally I wanted to bet turn and river for value, but decided to C/C turn B/F river instead.

When the A comes I decided I would just bluff-catch as it is a good card for him to bluff.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DaPhunk,

Donking the turn would be an option while we know he has a wide range. But I totally disagree about calling the river cause his range has a lot of Ax hands and it rather completes his hand.

Best Regards.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      You don't C/C river because although you believe he will fire with his highcards etc that made a cbet they don't comprise enough of his range to make said call profitable and we are otherwise losing to the Ax portion of this same range?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      You don't C/C river because although you believe he will fire with his highcards etc that made a cbet they don't comprise enough of his range to make said call profitable and we are otherwise losing to the Ax portion of this same range?
      Assuming that any showdown value hand will just Check behind the river, maybe even high cards cause he can never be sure how much fold equity he will have there. Some showdown value hands of course Bet the turn as well but you can never be sure against whom you playing.

Nor we don't know how much he bets, nor we don't know how much he bluffs, nor we don't know if he ever bluffs. So how can that be profitable if for example he bets 80 cents? :) We don't even actually know how the guy plays overall. The VPIP/PFR = 0 information for us cause it's 15 hands.

Any other card would be easy Call but not with the Ace which rather completes his range.