This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH - AQs nut flush draw on paired board.

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $4.55
      BTN: $5.00
      SB: $5.11
      Hero (BB): $11.06
      UTG: $2.07

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BB with T :heart: A :heart:
      1 fold, CO calls $0.05, BTN raises to $0.15, SB calls $0.13, Hero calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.60) 5 :heart: 7 :heart: 5 :diamond: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, BTN bets $0.34, SB raises to $1, Hero calls $1, CO folds, BTN calls $0.66

Turn: ($3.60) 2 :diamond: (3 players)
      SB bets $2.10, Hero calls $2.10, BTN raises to $3.85, SB calls $1.75, Hero calls $1.75

River: ($15.15) 4 :club: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.11, Hero calls $0.11

Preflop; BU Isolates the CO fish and the Whale SB calls. Perfect spot for a squeeze or is my hand too much in the middle ground between strong and the normal Axs etc hands you would make a squeeze with?

Postflop; I keep seeming to get amazing odds to call and it really looks like SB hit trips so jamming doesn't seem sensible then on turn again I just get amazing odds again :/

Conclusion ; I guess squeezing is the best play, I'm still not familiar enough with SH and just don't have so much confidence when one or more of the players call.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DaPhunk,

Fold vs the Check/Raise there, you could easily even be against reversed implied odds. Totally overplayed your draw here. :(

Calling is still fine preflop to keep fishes in the play but don't start to play yourself fishy on such a board as which happened. :)

Best Regards.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      to talk a little bit more about SB he is a 90 vpip whale who will definitely get the money in when a 3rd heart comes if he does indeed have trips. I'm not putting him on the flopped full so much. Gave myself huge implieds for what would have normally been a very easy fold.

I think I just fold turn in future though even versus such a fish.
    • Ickki
      Ickki
      Bronze
      I would 3bet or fold this preflop.