2013: Year of the PLOwnage... Back to NL

• gAsheks
      gAsheks
      Bronze
      Thats coolers, dont think u should worry much about this...
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      The month didn't start too well, felt like I'd been out of the game for ages so was super rusty and played terrible. Then nitted it up for a bit just to get into the groove and stop my tilt inducing spews. But still breakeven (and quite a few bi's below all in equity (~10) as well so its been quite rocky)... And then I watched Pleno's coaching:

It made me realise how passively I'd been playing so opened up the aggression and playing much better because of it. It's motivated me a lot as well so started doing session reviews and head reading drills too which is definitely helping. Want to keep it up now for the next few days and reach 20k hands for the month (13.5k atm)
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Aloha

My cashgame crushers project has been put on hold for now unfortunately so I'm back posting in here.

However, I have a new adventure to whet my appetite for now (more details here). It's going to be strange playing under a stake but I'll be trying my best to make it profitable for both of us. And its a good start already, up ~$18 haha. Tried to play my first session on Sat only to find out that PT4 doesn't support PKR :facepalm: My own fault for not doing the proper research I suppose. But I've got HM2 now so up and running smoothly. Just need to make some tweaks to my hud and we're gtg.

I'll post a graph tomorrow along with some interesting hands which'll hopefully spark a debate.

gl
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      My biggest fear regarding this project is regular updating. As long as you keep posting I know you will be crushing it.
      Good luck mate! :s_biggrin:
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yaxkukmian
      My biggest fear regarding this project is regular updating. As long as you keep posting I know you will be crushing it.
      Good luck mate! :s_biggrin:
      Haha posting 2 days in a row now. Can't get much more regular than that! Thanks dude.

Just spent about an hour playing with hm2... So hud is sorted, popups are a little better (pretty much always a work in progress for me) and I'm ready to put in some decent sessions. I know I said I'd post a graph today but I'll wait and see. Maybe on Thurs when I've played ~5k hands hopefully. Want to avoid posting 'small' volume graphs. I'm still marking hands though so I'll pick 2/3 to post later.

I'm also going to try be more active in the community, so if any guys are struggling with nl2/4/5 (maybe nl10 as well depend on how your getting on) lmk know if your interested in a sweat and I'll try offer as much advice as I can:

Docendo discimus

gl
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      If you can't get HM2 to work properly I have Mr Thazar on speed dial for you. :D
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      If you can't get HM2 to work properly I have Mr Thazar on speed dial for you. :D
      Haha its sorted now thanks. Was only the hud I needed to tinker with.

I had to cut yesterdays session short after ~300 hands. Just wasn't playing well at all, probably C-game. So not too happy with myself...

I have hands marked, but I'm watching a maths series on using excel to model hands and I kind of want to finish that first so I can break the hands down better. There are two vids left so I'll watch one now and try finish up today so I can start applying the info asap.
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Actually I said I'd post some hands so heres one of the more interesting hands from yday:

PKR, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $15.90 (63.6 bb)
      BTN: $29.11 (116.4 bb)
      SB: $13.95 (55.8 bb)
      BB: $27.28 (109.1 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $25 (100 bb)
      MP: $32.85 (131.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with XX

CO posts BB OOP, Hero raises to $0.75, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.75, SB folds, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.60) 9 3 6 (3 players)
      BB bets $1.73, Hero raises to $4.50

BB: 39/11. Donked 3/4 flops (2/3 excluding this one). Again only a small sample of 36 hands so no real reads, only that he's a semi-aggro fish.

BTN: 26/14. Only 45hands but appears to be a weak tight reg

What range would youse raise here?

I'll post the full hand + my thoughts after tomorrows update.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Overs and better if I am quite sure he is weak tight. Usually his range is mediocre hands so you have enough equity to raise and barrel with overs+.

LE: Misread who is weaktight. Raising overs is still a good option though since a high frequency donking range is still a wide and weak range, whether he leads sets or not.
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze

CO: $15.90 (63.6 bb)
      BTN: $29.11 (116.4 bb)
      SB: $13.95 (55.8 bb)
      BB: $27.28 (109.1 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $25 (100 bb)
      MP: $32.85 (131.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A 4
      CO posts BB OOP, Hero raises to $0.75, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.75, SB folds, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.60) 9 3 6 (3 players)
      BB bets $1.73, Hero raises to $4.50, 2 folds

Results:
      $6.06 pot ($0.30 rake)
      Final Board: 9 3 6
      BTN mucked and lost (-$0.75 net)
      BB mucked and lost (-$2.48 net)
      Hero mucked A 4 and won $5.76 ($3.28 net)

pre:

I think A4s is marginal at this table, and with the guy posting oop should've made it 4bb.

When bb donks I think his range is super wide and full of crap. No idea how he plays value hands but the two donks before this were the same size (2/3 pot). Having the btn still to act makes it quite interesting imo. Heads up I think I'd just flat 9x/78/TT/JJ, maybe QQ as well. I very rarely have 33 in my range here so I can't include it as a value hand, but I still have 66/99/KK+ and maybe QQ. Raising most of the rest of my range then. Maybe folding some of the weaker overs like KJ (I'd probably open that because of bb).

With the btn still to act I probably play quite similarly, I think he'll fold a ton so we still get to be heads up with a fish ip. I was hoping some people would comment so I'd see how they'd play tt/jj in this situation. If btn continues I'd proceed with caution because I think his range would be super strong.

As played I think raising this flop is the best option, with folding>calling. The plan was to barrel any heart/5/2 and maybe a 7. which is ~40% of the deck. On an Ace I doubt there's two streets of value so a) bet turn, check river or b) check turn and call/bet river. But given his propensity for betting I prefer b). We can get more value when he bets most of his range on the river then we he calls a much smaller percentage on the T.
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Yesterday was good. Had a sweat with Thazar et al. And he really made me feel like a nit lol. Was interesting seeing the stats of some the guys I play against over a larger sample. So I got to see how accurate my initial perception of them was.

I'm only 2k hands into the stake so far. Volume is not what I'd like it to be, was hoping to play ~1.5k hands today and reach the 5k mark but cutting my session short on Tues has slowed me down. I'll try pick it up over the next few days to reach 7k hands for Sunday's update which was my initial goal.

My overall thoughts on the playerpool is that its quite soft. I definitely think I can beat it for >5bb/100, even after the higher rake. Which would be awesome for both Manu and I. Ofc its a tiny sample so far so I'll have to wait and see... I'm still finding the software weird lol coming from rush its quite different an adjustment as well. I think thats the problem I had on Tues, just frustration at the pace lol. But I'm following the games better now and watching more hands I'm not involved in.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      hehe found your blog ;) ...subscribed

1) about the hud, I would strongly advice you to enable "click for stat popup" option in the HUD config properties. unless you have a super fast machine (and I haven't seen one fast enough yet), PKR tends to freeze when you hover over the stats and a popup appears making you time out at awkward times sometimes and it is very tilting

2) about the hand, on PKR, vs a fish, unless you have a spotted a pattern post flop I give up A4s there. You have to pick your spots carefully to bluff there. I would recommend the weak regs rather than the fish, as your fold equity is very very low even by 3 barrelling sometimes.

It's good to have you in the group anyway.
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      hehe found your blog ;) ...subscribed

1) about the hud, I would strongly advice you to enable "click for stat popup" option in the HUD config properties. unless you have a super fast machine (and I haven't seen one fast enough yet), PKR tends to freeze when you hover over the stats and a popup appears making you time out at awkward times sometimes and it is very tilting

2) about the hand, on PKR, vs a fish, unless you have a spotted a pattern post flop I give up A4s there. You have to pick your spots carefully to bluff there. I would recommend the weak regs rather than the fish, as your fold equity is very very low even by 3 barrelling sometimes.

It's good to have you in the group anyway.
      1) Thank you sir, it has definitely helped!

2) Ok cool, I'll make a note of that. On FT this w/A4s its an easy raise imo. Guess I still have some adjusting to do versus PKR 'players'
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      I'm interested in learning another language. Does anyone have any good links to websites? Or advice about courses ie. Rosetta stone, Thomas Michel etc.?

Probably going to try learn German or Spanish...
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      from experience... A girl is the best way to learn a language ;)
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Aloha,

I'll be back posting regular updates from Thurs. I'll try make an update a day. Volume in the stake so far leaves a lot to be desired, but still making profit.

Spent a good bit of time working on my game specifically flop play so feeling good atm.
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      from experience... A girl is the best way to learn a language ;)
      I guess that'll be Spanish then ;)
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Some interesting hands from yesterday imo, I'll post them in the HE forums later when I'm doing my update. Curious to know how other people would play them:

1)

Hero (SB): $39.41 (157.6 bb)
      BB: $24.48 (97.9 bb)
      UTG: $25.92 (103.7 bb)
      MP: $14.20 (56.8 bb)
      CO: $25 (100 bb)
      BTN: $52.82 (211.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8 K
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.62, BB raises to $1.86, Hero raises to $4.50, BB calls $2.64

Flop: ($9) K 4 3 (2 players)

Villain is an ABC reg playing 20/14 over 600 hands. Don't have a sample on his bb v sb 3b. His overall one is 4% so far. Quite aggressive from what I've seen. (ie. 86% flop/turn cb).

How would you play this hand? And what about different T&R action/cards?

2)

I have villain labelled red which means agro fish. He's playing 57/35 with 22 3b. over 150 hands. FT3B = 0.

Flop stats are:

cb/ftcb/ bet v missed cb
      67/13/75

He appears a lot tighter and more passive on the turn and river. But I don't really have much of a sample on later streets.

Notes:

x/r tpgk on dry board as pfr
      cc and 3b flop w/top2

PKR, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players

CO: $37.44 (149.8 bb)
      BTN: $22.75 (91 bb)
      SB: $23.17 (92.7 bb)
      Hero (BB): $27.24 (109 bb)
      MP: $25.35 (101.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A A
      MP folds, CO raises to $1, 2 folds, Hero raises to $3.25, CO calls $2.25

Flop: ($6.60) 4 4 5 (2 players)

edit: 4bb is his standard size on the co.

I'll post the rest of the hands later as well