Party Poker $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players - View hand 1833691
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $28.77 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 17, 3B: 6, AF: 0.0, Hands: 41
      CO: $32.78 - VPIP: 25, PFR: 20, 3B: 10, AF: 0.0, Hands: 59
      BTN: $35.81 - VPIP: 35, PFR: 27, 3B: 13, AF: 2.0, Hands: 37
      Hero (SB): $29.98 -

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with 8 :heart: 9 :heart:
      1 fold, BTN raises to $1, Hero raises to $2.75, 1 fold, BTN calls $1.75

Flop: ($5.75) K :club: 4 :spade: 6 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.25, BTN calls $3.25

Turn: ($12.25) 9 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($12.25) 2 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $6.75, Hero calls $6.75

I thought that BU would bet all his value hands on the turn that he does not raise on the flop.(sets, KQ,AK,KJ). He might

Given that he is left with air and busted draws on the river imo when he is taking this line
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

Preflop: Why so small raise?

As played
      Flop: Not the best board to CB without even knowing what kind of opponent we are against. He has to have a super wide range. Without even having backdoors I'd just Check/Fold it.

As played
      River: Seems rather like a thin value-bet to me. Assuming it's a 3bet pot the guy could easily even Check behind Kx hands to get value from you later on. He shouldn't be scared of many draws cause with them you would 2nd barrel most likely.

Best Regards.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

Preflop: Why so small raise?

As played
      Flop: Not the best board to CB without even knowing what kind of opponent we are against. He has to have a super wide range. Without even having backdoors I'd just Check/Fold it.

As played
      River: Seems rather like a thin value-bet to me. Assuming it's a 3bet pot the guy could easily even Check behind Kx hands to get value from you later on. He shouldn't be scared of many draws cause with them you would 2nd barrel most likely.

Best Regards.
      Preflop - made it small because of his 4x opening. Doesn't this count? should I make it 3.5$ here?

Flop: Can you explain why you expect to not get >30% folds on this board vs his range? Guess I can't expect wide defending ranges from my opponents at this limit without history?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Vs 4x open I'd still use 3x raise as basic one. Especially being OOP. I just don't give them respect and also rather let them pay if they making such a mistake with opening 4bb. :D

Cause I expect every PP to continue on such a board, Ace high may even float if he is loose and enough of Kx hands in his range. Nor we can't 2nd barrel cause we practically have 0 equity.