Huds and note taking etc

• Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      Im not sure if this is in the right section but Ill ask the question anyhow

So im currently playing 0.01/0.02 on stars and will be moving back to 0.02/0.05 by the end of the week

my question is how should I set my HM2 hud up? as I currently just use the default hud. I did make my own hud using 3 lines but I think it puts a lot of information up on the table and I can't see what players have bet, raised or I cant see there stack sizes. The table is just covered in numbers

my other question is how should I take note on players as this is something i don't do very often, also I have heard of people putting certain types of player in categories by colour coding etc

If anybody does this things could they please give me some advice on using the same methods as I feel it will help my game a lot

Thanks
  • 9 replies
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      I have seen you at the tables your picture is AA's one red one black, correct?
    • Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      haha really?

Yeah that sounds like me alright!lol
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Small world hey,
      Have u watched any pokerstrategy videos, they usually have a run down over the video makers hud and color codes.
      On stars you can customize the LABEL section to what you like.
      I use a color for preflop ai shove weak 1010 or < for example.
      KNow what I mean.
      Play around with it and it'll click for u :f_love:
    • Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      anybody else any advice on this?
    • Solidius
      Solidius
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Maloco87
      anybody else any advice on this?
      Well...

1) My hud:name/hands
      VPIP/PFR/Steal/3b/fold to 3b/fold to steal
      AF/cb/fold to cb/turn cb/ fold to turn cb/WTSD%

Also, i have coloured the stats in such way that i can understand whether the player is tight or loose by just checking the colour.

2) I usually take a lot of notes. I put [PF],[F],[T],[R] depending on the street the action took place or an asterisk (*) if the note is about a general read (like "3bets light vs BU steal"). If you see something odd you should take a note.

Except from that, i take notes about the hands that my villain likes to call/3b when he is on the blinds/btn.
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Hey Maloco87,

I'd start with a very basic HUD - VPP/PRF/3bet/WTSD/Hands.

You just want to make sure you spend more time watching the game than checking your HUD ;) Gameflow > HUD, notes > HUD ...

About the notes ...I think that it's ok to have something like:

1) some basic things like - AQs 4bet shove 100bb deep
      2) questions you want to find out about the player - cbet 1/2 fold against raise 3/3 (exploitable?)
      3) some lines he played esp you want to figure out his tendencies on the turn. Does he check back with showdown value or just bet?
      "NL4, 24.7, CO vs BTN, A9o
      A84r82 - called cbet 1/2, chb, x/b (thin)
      4) How do you want to exploit this guy? (you basically put together all notes you have) for instance.
      Exploit his cbet 1/2 - giveup range.
      Turning sd value otr against thin value bets on Axxxx boards after checked ott.

5) if you know he's somehow good player and takes notes you can write here anything important he knows about you ... :)

Good luck sir!

Cya ^^
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Moved to No Limit as it is not a Psychology issue :)
    • GraemeDR
      GraemeDR
      Bronze
      I keep it simple, notes are colour coded into tight aggressive, loose, passive, fish or solid player.

My HUD is VPMIP/ PFR/ 3bet/ post flop aggression factor
      Fold to 3bet/ fold to Cbet/ c bet frequency/ check raise frequency

Simple
    • JackxxRatt
      JackxxRatt
      Bronze
      HUD design can be a pain as there's no one design which fits all poker rooms/tables so it's a case of trial and error to suit your needs and then save that design for whichever particular site/requirements.

On boss media sites I recently had a 6 line HUD which wrapped nicely around the players seat, something like this

Name/number of hands
      V/R/3/AF
      flop bet frequency
      turn bet frequency
      river bet frequency
      F3/CB/FCB

This design is totally useless on other sites though. I agree with others, for the limits you're playing, you only need the basics, add more as you move up.