[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL25 AJs

• dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      BU is 21/16/2.5/7.4/16/545 hands

do you like c/r over c/c? he has 4.67AF on the turn, so i was likely facing another barrel i think.
      Problem is my hand looks so much like a FD. In saying that though I would play sets the same way.

After he calls turn, i doubt he is folding anything OTR

BTN: $39.04 (156.2 bb)
      SB: $65.84 (263.4 bb)
      Hero (BB): $28.45 (113.8 bb)
      UTG: $30.19 (120.8 bb)
      MP: $25 (100 bb)
      CO: $41.40 (165.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J A
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.75, SB folds, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.60) 3 9 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1, Hero raises to $3.50, BTN calls $2.50

Turn: ($8.60) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $5, BTN calls $5

River: ($18.60) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $8, Hero folds

Results:
      $18.60 pot ($0.84 rake)
      Final Board: 3 9 4 8 2
      BTN mucked and won $17.76 ($8.51 net)
      Hero mucked J A and lost (-$9.25 net)
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dannywratten,

If we are calling it preflop like that then definitely Check/Raise. Nice hand! We have tons of fold equity and of course overall equity.

Best Regards.
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Hey dannywratten,

well he will not cbet this flop that often still I like the c/r a lot. It's like never a mistake, esp if you want to make a little bit of maniac image :) ..

However, the barrel on the turn + giveup river is like the worst play against this opponent for me. His calling range from flop is like 100% continuing ott ... That's pure donate (esp against this aggro opponent you will just give up otr in 70% and let him take the pot?) ...

What about 7$ ott and shoving the river? It's a nice leverage, you're balancing sets .... I just don't like this play against an aggro opponent at all :) He will print money otr so much ;)
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Yeh i thought at the time that this is a spot where i should be betting once, or betting 3 streets..

I chose to bet turn to set up stacks if i hit OTR, but once he calls turn i talked myself out of it since i didnt think he could fold an overpair. In his eyes i would look very polarised wouldnt i? Since i almost always have sets or busted FDs here?
      Probably moreso FDs.
      Also if hes calling this turn, i don't think anything changes once the 2 falls. Maybe some mid card 7-J would give us more FE?

What stats would you be looking at when deciding to bet once or 3 barrel?
      Or is it more board dependant?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by dannywratten
      Yeh i thought at the time that this is a spot where i should be betting once, or betting 3 streets..

I chose to bet turn to set up stacks if i hit OTR, but once he calls turn i talked myself out of it since i didnt think he could fold an overpair. In his eyes i would look very polarised wouldnt i? Since i almost always have sets or busted FDs here?
      Probably moreso FDs.
      Also if hes calling this turn, i don't think anything changes once the 2 falls. Maybe some mid card 7-J would give us more FE?

What stats would you be looking at when deciding to bet once or 3 barrel?
      Or is it more board dependant?
      I would play the same way, every draw missed and if he has 9x it's quite obvious that he is even willing to Call you down and of course with other PPs. You can't represent that much there but meanwhile enough of draws missed against he can easily Call you down. So therefore I would also play the same way.

W$SD usually tells us how loose he calls us down, according to that we can base either to 3barrel or not. But of course there are even more factors which could be taken into account, starting from very basic one as our image on the table.