[NL2-NL10] [NL SH] A4s against fish

• MoneyStef
      MoneyStef
      Bronze
      Hi,

Villain to the right of me is the same as before.

Villain to my right is (sample of about 100) 43/14, 6.7 3bet, AF 3.8,
      aggr freq 40-17-62 (flop/turn/river)
      Fold2Cbet flop 78%, donkbet flop 50%, Cbet 27%

I now take the conservative line of calling, but I probably should have isolated. But let's say I raise-isolate, what is my plan on this flop if he donkbets?

What would be my plan on a A-3-7 rainbow flop? Call flop, check turn, call river? Call flop, bet turn?

If I would flop a flush draw, raise his donkbet?

Thanks in advance

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($11.86)
      BB ($9.74)
      UTG ($10.32)
      Hero ($11.42)
      BTN ($9.27)

Dealt to Hero 4:club: A:club:

UTG calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, fold, fold, BB checks

FLOP ($0.35) Q:heart: 3:diamond: 7:club:
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello MoneyStef,

Depends a lot on the board on he donks, there are many different lines to pick and obviously I can't write you all down here. :D

Depends again what donk he makes on Axx board but usually can be again played very differently. Check behind, Bet for value, Call flop. Your questions are kinda unrealistic to answer without a real board nor bet size nor any action.

Call flop, check turn, call river? Call flop, bet turn?

Kinda difficult to answer such a question... curious how would you understand it? :D

Yes, we are usually raising with our FD on such a board. But once again DEPENDS as always in poker, what's his donk Bet and etc. :)

Best Regards.
    • MoneyStef
      MoneyStef
      Bronze
      Hi,

Sorry for my confusing post, let me try to make it clearer:

1. Should I isolate pre-flop? If you think isolating is the wrong play, you can ignore the questions below.

2. He usually donkbets 2/3 of the pot. I have no stats/reads on fold to donkbet, only that he donkbets 50% of the time, always more or less the same size wrt the pot. What is the plan if I don't hit and he donkbets?

Then we are in this situation:

Dealt to Hero 4c Ac

UTG calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40 fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.30

FLOP ($0.95) Qh 3d 7c

UTG bets $0.60, Hero???

3. If he donkbets 2/3 of the pot it on a A high board, should I call flop and bet turn if he checks (this is a line he is likely to take given his aggression freq stats). Or should I check the turn behind and hope for a bluff (because his aggr freq is very high on the river)?

E.g. the following situation:

Dealt to Hero 4c Ac

UTG calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40 fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.30

FLOP ($0.95) Ah 3d 7c

UTG bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60

TURN ($2.10) Ah 3d 7c Jd

UTG checks, Hero ???

Hope it is more understandable now :) ...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      1. Should I isolate pre-flop? If you think isolating is the wrong play, you can ignore the questions below.

Isolating is not wrong but rather the question how good you are postflop yourself? ;)

2. He usually donkbets 2/3 of the pot. I have no stats/reads on fold to donkbet, only that he donkbets 50% of the time, always more or less the same size wrt the pot. What is the plan if I don't hit and he donkbets?

Most likely we raise with our hand, especially if we have some kind of draw vs his wide donking range.

3. If he donkbets 2/3 of the pot it on a A high board, should I call flop and bet turn if he checks (this is a line he is likely to take given his aggression freq stats). Or should I check the turn behind and hope for a bluff (because his aggr freq is very high on the river)?

If he donks I would just Call on Ace high board, we can't raise for value there. :) If he checks I'd just Bet vs him and might even protect from some hands.

On such a dry board you can easily just raise it up as Q37 board.