UTG ($24.75) 99bb
      CO ($5) 20bb
      cincinkid (BTN) ($25.95) 104bb
      SB ($30.55) 122bb
      BB ($52.12) 208bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.40, 5 players) cincinkid is BTN Q Q
      2 folds, cincinkid bets $0.75, 1 fold, BB calls $0.50

Flop: T J 2 ($1.65, 2 players)
      BB checks, cincinkid bets $1.50, BB raises to $4.30, cincinkid raises to $10, BB goes all-in $47.07, cincinkid goes all-in $13.70

With a 68% FBBtoS SC should definitly be in his range and since he also likes to c/r (43%!!). So i protected my Overpair. Raise could be a little bigger though (~12-13)

Final Pot: $78.22
  • 2 replies
    • nickvdb1990
      nickvdb1990
      Bronze
      If you raise even bigger than this, there will be less than half of a potsize bet left, which makes it pretty close to the same thing as actually 3betshoving. That could tell villain that you definitely want to go allin now, which means you have a valuehand.

If you make it 9.50 there is a ~2/3 potsize bet left for him to push in. This will make him more likely to shove his draws. In other words, he needs to think he has some FEQ on this drawy board.
      You're not gonna miss any value from draws anyway cause you're going broke if they hit, no escaping (except that you may actually escape if he flats, and then shoves if the turn is K :diamond: or smth). And if they miss, you're getting their value on the turn.

So I'd say this is a nice hand.

Though we cannot be too sure about his flop check-raising frequency...43% looks daunting but all in all he did it three times. Make sure a certain situation has happened enough times before you start making conclusions about his tendencies.
      Now that I'm thinking about it, I might not even play differently if I didn't know he check-raises a lot... The superwet board makes it so much better to go broke, cause he could have a draw, or he could think you have one.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello chocular77,

The Check/Raise frequency for such a sample is rather incorrect. We can't really look at it.

If we planning to 3bet then first of all we have to 3bet it bigger so we would also protect our hand from draws and not give him great odds to Call. So yeah like $12.

But the question is if we can even go broke here? Assuming that such a guy is 3betting with A:dK, so the only realistic range hand which we could see is maybe 8:d9 but is he even calling them preflop? Vs that we wont have very good equity. We have to assume him being capable of Check/Raising Jx hands for value here but which most likely ain't the case. Nor many other hands wouldn't be bluffing such a board, which brings me to the spot to Bet/Fold it without any specific information how he is capable of raising the flops for value like if he is capable of doing it with Tx/Jx.

Best Regards.