UTG: $1.18
      UTG+1: $1.48
      Hero (UTG+2): $2.07
      MP: $2.05
      MP+1: $1.50
      CO: $0.62

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has K:heart: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.08, fold, MP+1 calls $0.08, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.19, 2 players) 4:diamond: 5:heart: K:club:
      Hero bets $0.11, MP+1 raises to $0.24, fold

standard fold vs unknown?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cufc37,

Most likely against his min-raise I'd still continue. Either by calling and playing it way ahead/behind or sometimes even getting it in. Here most likely I'd Call it once and reevaluate the turn if I assume he is rather passive.

Best Regards.
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      Shouldn't hero's bet on the flop be more like 75% of pot. Is there a reason for his size?
    • Sashalyuber
      Sashalyuber
      Bronze
      As our lovely couch has said I would have mostly likely:

Called his min raise, than re-evaluate on the turn... Their doesn't seem to be any threat of a flush or straight, as a flush is very unlikely and I very much doubt Villain would raise if he had a straight draw. Considering his action preflop I would assume he is set mining. (Meaning he had a small pair preflop and is looking to make three of a kind)

In response to Jules, I believe that in this position their is no need to protect against draws so a raise of 75% pot doesn't really serve a purpose. If Villain has completed his set he will call or raise any bet size... Why risk the extra chips?

However one thing I would like to point out is your raise from EP with KQ off suit... Normally I would fold this hand preflop... However lately I have been thinking I may be playing a little to tight. If anyone could offer their opinions about Hero's raising range from EP, it would be much appreciated!
    • cufc37
      cufc37
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

Thanks for the evaluations.

I chose to c-bet a bit smaller because it's a dry board and I think, in zoom, a lot of players are calling PPs from which I might get a street of value with a just over half pot size c-bet.

I opted to fold again because of the zoom factor, in that usually a raise = the nuts. Very often if I call here, I expect to face another decent sized bet on the turn. Do we think he's capable of raising with KJ or worse here?

However one thing I would like to point out is your raise from EP with KQ off suit... Normally I would fold this hand preflop... However lately I have been thinking I may be playing a little to tight. If anyone could offer their opinions about Hero's raising range from EP, it would be much appreciated!

Likewise I'd be interested in other people's opinions on it....This is a hand I've been experimenting with a bit. I'm not opening from UTG or UTG+1, but from MP1 onwards I will have a quick scan of the table to see what the stats are and go from there as to whether I think it's +ev to raise. Not being very experienced yet, I ideally don't want to be playing it OOP postflop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by jules97
      Shouldn't hero's bet on the flop be more like 75% of pot. Is there a reason for his size?
      Yes, we could do a bit bigger side if we assume it wont change much. Those kind of small Bets may sometimes even induce bluffs which may have happened.