UTG: $0.98
      Hero (UTG+1): $2.00
      UTG+2: $5.78
      MP: $0.70
      MP+1: $0.96
      CO: $3.14

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has T:spade: T:heart:

UTG raises to $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.15, 2 players) Q:heart: Q:spade: 4:spade:
      UTG bets $0.06, Hero calls $0.06

Turn: ($0.27, 2 players) 7:spade:
      UTG bets $0.06, Hero calls $0.06

River: ($0.39, 2 players) 5:spade:
      UTG bets $0.06, fold
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cufc37,

No way I am folding on the river for the given odds. :D

Best Regards.
    • Sashalyuber
      Sashalyuber
      Bronze
      Cufc... You've made quite the mistake here... You called a raise of 0.06 preflop from Villain when he only had 0.98 in his stack. As we know from the strategy section, you can only call a raise preflop with pocket pairs below QQ only when the raiser or others in the pot have 20X the amount of the raise. In this case villain would need to be holding 1.12... The difference doesn't seem like much but it is meant to keep you out of trouble post flop. Set mining is only profitable if when it works whoever you're playing against has enough to pay you off for all the times you didn't hit... Further when you don't hit your set on the flop... (Even with TT) you do not play any further... Your hand is simply not good enough.
    • cufc37
      cufc37
      Bronze
      I'm not sure if it's right or not, but I haven't called just for set value here. Villain appears to be a weaker player and quite loose, so I think I can also play cautiously for overpair value even vs his EP opening range. There are also other players still to act who may enter the pot, which could give me better implied odds as well. If villain had been playing 12/10 with his stack size I would definitely agree that this is a fold. Like I say though, I could be wrong with this assessment.

On the paired flop, I don't give his c-bet much respect as I'm still ahead of the majority of his range (smaller pockets, AK, AJ and possibly KJ). AQ/KQ isn't that likely so personally I think it's ok to call and re-evaluate the turn. After his weak bet on the turn, I think we are very often ahead.

The river, I agree with Veriz that for the given odds it's a call.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      The reason why we still can Call with such a hand preflop is that we ain't using it only for set-mining. Is there any specific question? :P