This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 zoom - QQ

• cufc37
      cufc37
      Bronze
      Villain 27/15 from 26 hands

PokerStars - $0.02 NL ZOOM - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $0.92
      SB: $2.03
      BB: $0.78
      UTG: $2.06
      UTG+1: $1.01
      UTG+2: $1.02
      Hero (MP): $2.03
      MP+1: $1.96
      CO: $3.28

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has Q:spade: Q:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.08, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.08, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.19, 2 players) 9:heart: A:spade: 7:club:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.12, fold
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cufc37,

I would still Check/Call it once and reevaluate his further actions. He doesn't only have Ax hands in his range there.

Best Regards.
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      Is cbetting the flop a bad idea here? If so why?

Looks like
      1) Ace scare card for him - good
      2) oop - bad

flop not too wet

QQ looks to hold up very well compared to his range? Unless he's hit a set and then he'll be getting super aggressive.
    • Sashalyuber
      Sashalyuber
      Bronze
      I like Jules line of thinking and if it was me I would most defiantly have thrown in (At your limits a 57% pot raise has been working well for me) as a Cbet.
    • cufc37
      cufc37
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jules97

Looks like
      2) oop - bad

flop not too wet

QQ looks to hold up very well compared to his range? Unless he's hit a set and then he'll be getting super aggressive.
      I'm not sure I agree that the A being a scare card is good for us. The reason I don't think a c-bet is good here is because I don't think we are going to get value from any worse hands. The board is dry so there are no draws to call us, and with the ace being a scare card, we're unlikely to get value from many worse pocket pairs. We're certainly not getting better hands to fold so IMHO a c-bet isn't profitable here.

That said, I really hate the check/fold on the flop. For me this is a definite check/call to get value from his pocket pairs. I think I was on passive tilt after being 3-bet and raised a lot in the session and decided that he must have called with Ax and was going to raise me :f_rolleyes: . I think I abandoned the session not long after!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by jules97

Looks like
      2) oop - bad

flop not too wet

CBetting flop what would achieve? You ain't even getting called from a lot worse hands. Do you think you can 2nd barrel the turn really for value on such a dry board?