UTG: $2.06
      UTG+1: $1.01
      UTG+2: $1.02
      Hero (MP): $2.03
      MP+1: $1.96
      CO: $3.28

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has Q:spade: Q:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.08, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.08, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.19, 2 players) 9:heart: A:spade: 7:club:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.12, fold
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cufc37,

I would still Check/Call it once and reevaluate his further actions. He doesn't only have Ax hands in his range there.

Best Regards.
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      Is cbetting the flop a bad idea here? If so why?

Looks like
      1) Ace scare card for him - good
      2) oop - bad

flop not too wet

QQ looks to hold up very well compared to his range? Unless he's hit a set and then he'll be getting super aggressive.
    • Sashalyuber
      Sashalyuber
      Bronze
      I like Jules line of thinking and if it was me I would most defiantly have thrown in (At your limits a 57% pot raise has been working well for me) as a Cbet.
    • cufc37
      cufc37
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jules97

Looks like
      2) oop - bad

flop not too wet

QQ looks to hold up very well compared to his range? Unless he's hit a set and then he'll be getting super aggressive.
      I'm not sure I agree that the A being a scare card is good for us. The reason I don't think a c-bet is good here is because I don't think we are going to get value from any worse hands. The board is dry so there are no draws to call us, and with the ace being a scare card, we're unlikely to get value from many worse pocket pairs. We're certainly not getting better hands to fold so IMHO a c-bet isn't profitable here.

That said, I really hate the check/fold on the flop. For me this is a definite check/call to get value from his pocket pairs. I think I was on passive tilt after being 3-bet and raised a lot in the session and decided that he must have called with Ax and was going to raise me :f_rolleyes: . I think I abandoned the session not long after!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by jules97

Looks like
      2) oop - bad

flop not too wet

CBetting flop what would achieve? You ain't even getting called from a lot worse hands. Do you think you can 2nd barrel the turn really for value on such a dry board?