Having a big stack in zoom

• DucksEatFish

I was wondering about your thoughts of having a big stack in zoom. I play NL10, FR. I've always got the maximum BI, but after a while of playing my stack can be 30-40$, and I'm wondering if I should cash out and open a new table at that point, or just keep on playing with a big hand?

It's happened a couple of times that I've lost ~40$ against other big stacks with house vs house, which is quite annoying. Of course I stand to get bigger winnings vs big stacks as well, but does anyone have good advice on the subject with a solid reasoning behind it?

• 4 replies
    • SvenBe
      hi DucksEatFish,

hope you win more of the big pots!
      What you should always bear in mind
      * it is easy to leave/join again, that is one advantage of Fast Poker Variants
      * If you play deeper, position becomes more and more important. You want to be the last one to act when it actually is for a lot of Big Blinds
      * Be also aware of raise-sizes in hands with deep players. a small 3bet out of position against another deepstack - I don't think that would be a good idea

anyone else with suggestions on top ?
    • JonikoP
      Playing deep stacked is a different (more interesting) game. Position takes on greater importance, drawing type hands go up in value, you have better implied odds to set mine, etc.

You're range for stacking off needs to be significantly tighter.

Rather than leave the game, as long as you have the bankroll for it, I'd suggest you learn to play deep stacked as an edge there will be hugely profitable.
    • Stupyyy
      I think after you triple up or quadruple your stack you should always open a new table. Why? Because you don't want to end up loosing 4 bi in a one hand when the guy hits 2 outer on you on the river.
    • martins1337
      Did something change when you lost 40$ being deep? if you tilted after loosing big pot, then, I think, you shouldn't play that deep.