Back from vacation; ipoker grind

• flekozub
      flekozub
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm not very good at sticking to plans, usually when it went wrong I just stop and make new or just forget old one. That's usually because I make unreal goals.

So, I decided to try with this, short term goal which depends on me 100%. I need some money coz I'm going on sea (I'm from Croatia) at 13th August and it would be shitty to not have ton of money enjoying whatever I want.

Plan is to play 10h per day next 2 weeks. I'm 4 tabling zoom, nl50 6max and that should be 140k hands (1k/hour), but will make it just 140 hours and won't focus on amount of hands. Usually I turn on some mtt to make me want play longer.

Will try to play at this happy hours, probable 3 sessions of 3-4 hours with 1-2h break between. Will see what fits best to me, best would be to play 10h without stopping :)

Summary:
      - 140 hours of zoom + mtts
      - 100k hands +

You can expect daily graph updates, not sure about hands, maybe biggest won and lost only.
  • 8 replies
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Welcome to our blogging section!

I love challenge blogs!

140 hours during two weeks, wow, that's a pretty tough schedule!

I'm not sure that 10 hours straight without breaks would be the best, actually, I think the original plan of playing several sessions with about an hour break between is a more sensible approach.

That way you can rest your head, watch something, relax a little, and not as easily slip into an autopiloting mindset.

Will be following with interest, is it starting from today with the first session?

Regards,
      Richard
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      blogging is a good way to keep remind yourself about taking notes, posting hands and also gives a chance to others to push you :) good luck!
    • flekozub
      flekozub
      Bronze
      Day 1.

I dig big hole at start playing very tired and auto piloting. Later went down again with 2 deep bluffs which costed me abt 200$. Found my game later

I won't play MTTs anymore together with zoom as they tilt me a lot, shit happens there. Didn't cashed any of 11 mtt, -180$ and had good stack very often.

Biggest losing hand (Kind of too optimistic, thought he could fold set here but his river sizing is just too big so folding is better here):

$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($20.26) 41bb
      UTG+1 ($52.99) 106bb
      HERO (CO) ($246.37) 493bb
      BTN ($103.09) 206bb
      SB ($44.67) 89bb
      BB ($72.78) 146bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) HERO is CO K:diamond: A:spade:
      2 folds, HERO raises to $1.50, BTN calls $1.50, 2 folds

Flop: A:diamond: 4:diamond: 3:diamond: ($3.75, 2 players)
      HERO bets $2.72, BTN raises to $7.59, HERO calls $4.87

Turn: 7:spade: ($18.93, 2 players)
      HERO checks, BTN bets $15.91, HERO calls $15.91

River: J:club: ($50.75, 2 players)
      HERO checks, BTN bets $42.65, HERO goes all-in $221.37, BTN goes all-in $35.44

Final Pot: $206.93
      BTN shows three of a kind, Threes
      3:club: 3:spade:
      HERO shows a pair of Aces
      K:diamond: A:spade:

BTN wins $204.43 (net +$101.34)

HERO collects $143.28 (net -$103.09)

Note to myself:
      1. Don't bluff
      2. Don't bluff
      3. Don't fckng bluff

Biggest winning hand (vs reg, thought this river sizing will make him more inclined to call):

6 Players

Stacks:
      UTG ($55.15) 110bb
      HERO (UTG+1) ($124.12) 248bb
      CO ($76.72) 153bb
      BTN ($30.57) 61bb
      SB ($67.58) 135bb
      BB ($42.25) 85bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) HERO is UTG+1 A:club: A:spade:
      UTG raises to $1.50, HERO raises to $4.50, CO calls $4.50, 3 folds, UTG calls $3

Flop: 7:spade: 3:club: 6:diamond: ($14.25, 3 players)
      UTG checks, HERO bets $7.25, CO calls $7.25, UTG folds

Turn: 8:spade: ($28.75, 2 players)
      HERO bets $14.50, CO calls $14.50

River: 7:club: ($57.75, 2 players)
      HERO bets $42.25, CO calls $42.25

Final Pot: $142.25
      HERO shows two pair, Aces and Sevens
      A:club: A:spade:
      CO shows
      Q:heart: Q:diamond:

HERO wins $139.75 (net +$71.25)

UTG lost $4.50
      CO lost $68.50

With bluffing only when it's must and discipline to fold when it looks suspicious + obv not tilting I believe 10bb winrate would be piece of cake.

Looks like 250 hands / hours per table isn't possible for me so my attempt will be to focus only playing 10 hours daily.

Today I tried to have as many small breaks as possible to keep my stacks bigger. It was ok and I'll continue doing that.
    • flekozub
      flekozub
      Bronze
      Day 2.

Again bad start but luckily had some good run and made nice profit.
      Was feeling very tired and went sleep earlier, been at soccer with friends and that wasn't good idea for challenge but I felt better what's more +ev overall.

Less spew = more winnings, lost 1 or 2 stacks bluffing. Good spots but wrong opponents. Will have to focus more on that, but generally I wasn't autopiloting like yesterday, took more time for most bigger decision and that helped.

All together I have about 21 hours of play in HEM but with sitout time included it's about 19-20h what's kind of on pace.

6 Players

Stacks:
      UTG ($67.61) 135bb
      UTG+1 ($76.79) 154bb
      HERO (CO) ($123.65) 247bb
      BTN ($78.41) 157bb
      SB ($47.38) 95bb
      BB ($52.10) 104bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) HERO is CO A:diamond: K:heart:
      1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $1, HERO raises to $3.75, 1 fold, SB calls $3.50, 1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $14, HERO goes all-in $123.65, SB folds, UTG+1 goes all-in $62.79

Flop: Q:diamond: 10:spade: 9:heart: ($157.83, 2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: 3:heart: ($157.83, 2 players, 2 all-in)

River: 7:heart: ($157.83, 2 players, 2 all-in)

Final Pot: $157.83
      UTG+1 shows a pair of Aces
      A:club: A:heart:
      HERO shows high card Ace
      A:diamond: K:heart:

UTG+1 wins $155.33 (net +$78.54)

HERO collects $46.86 (net -$76.79)
      SB lost $3.75

Villain was 42/29 and looked aggro, SB was fishy. Looks std to me.

6 Players

Stacks:
      UTG ($25.46) 51bb
      UTG+1 ($82.19) 164bb
      CO ($29.73) 59bb
      BTN ($68.42) 137bb
      SB ($96.06) 192bb
      HERO (BB) ($200.07) 400bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) HERO is BB A:spade: Q:spade:
      UTG calls $0.50, 1 fold, CO raises to $2, BTN calls $2, 1 fold, HERO goes all-in $200.07, UTG folds, CO goes all-in $27.73, BTN goes all-in $66.42

Flop: 3:heart: Q:club: 7:heart: ($167.32, 3 players, 3 all-in)

Turn: A:diamond: ($167.32, 3 players, 3 all-in)

River: 4:club: ($167.32, 3 players, 3 all-in)

Final Pot: $167.32
      BTN shows a pair of Jacks
      J:heart: J:diamond:
      HERO shows two pair, Aces and Queens
      A:spade: Q:spade:
      CO shows a pair of Kings
      K:heart: K:diamond:

HERO wins $296.47 (net +$96.40)

BTN lost $68.42
      UTG lost $0.50
      CO lost $29.73

BTN was reg, UTG was fish, CO short reg. Expected BTN reg to 3b isolate with all good hands and thought shipping looked weaker than 3betting so fish or short reg could call lighter. Very nice turn :)
    • flekozub
      flekozub
      Bronze
      Day 3.

Challenge is over.

I didn't have monetary goal, but it was kind of hidden behind this big grind. To make money for vacation. As I shipped 4,8k yesterday at some 5r donkament (yeah I said I won't play them anymore :) ) I'll delay this as I'm already at sea and want to use that time for enjoying.

I brought "The mental game of poker" with me and main goal will be to read that as I believe that's currently my biggest leak. During August you can find me at Zadar, Novalja (Zrce) and Cres. If anyone is going on vacation at Croatia feel very free to contact me, I can help you with everything.

This 5k really boosted my roll and will have to think what's the best for me. For sure I would like to do some challenge like this, probable at September.

Overall graph:

Tips for beating nl50 zoom:
      - straightfwd play against fishes (almost no bluffing, thin vbetting)
      - be more inclined to do moves against regulars especially when you get some hands on them but also don't go crazy with bluffing
      - deeper stack = better to bluff regs
      - no leveling
      - tight is right

Gl everyone, will be in touch :heart:
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Wow, congratulations on the shippament!

Shame to see the blog and challenge end so soon, but hopefully we'll see you back for another one at some point?

Enjoy the summer, party and holiday!

Don't forget to play still!

Regards,
      Richard
    • flekozub
      flekozub
      Bronze
      Hello everyone :D

I'm back from vacation for about a week, it was fun for the most part.
      I highly recommend that you don't ever go with lot of people on vacation, especially if you stay in your place or friends grandma place or some of your gf friends are jealous shit. Funny how some people are limited, the older I became, the more I'm disappointed how people can be so stupid and probable that's the reason why whole world is totally fucked up.

Since I was a kid (14-15y) I liked to observe people. Stare at them (when they don't realize that) mostly when they talk something and try to understand what they think, how world looks from their eyes, how I look in their eyes (trying to get whole picture)... It was interesting to me before, now mostly I end very unhappy with what I see. It's sad how some people have totally unrealistic and selfish way of looking at life. We all are selfish, but not so much that we harm people, we have some mark that we don't cross. Also, I think most of people who lead this world are in same category, they don't care about anyone except them and it's just sick how their value system can be so fckd up.

But to not give you wrong picture, everything other was awesome, just wanted to say what bother me. Life is short and we shouldn't bother too much with other people.

I wanted to write something before, but didn't have full plan until few days.
      I've got offer from poker770 (through one friend) to be some kind of semi-pro for poker770. I'll get great rb deal but I have use half of it for live tournaments. As I love playing live I quickly accepted and ipoker is my new home from September.

After some adjusting and bad start (nl100 at start, nl50 later) I think I'm finding my game. I kind of lost feeling and probable should player lower stakes after 2 weeks without poker.

This is all Speed poker, not really happy with software, there is no hud and only about 10 sec to decide but wtf, it's same for everyone. Not as many shorts as I expected, hoping that rumours abt everest poker coming to ipoker will come true. Not disappointed with number of fishes. Best time to play there is late afternoon and night (GMT).

Also I've took a coach (sick crusher from dc), looking forward working with him, also staking + coaching one nl10 be player. Coaching helps in both ways and I would recommend everyone trying it.

Plans for September:
      [ ] min. 2k € rake (~60k hands)
      [ ] profit
      [ ] improve game (post hands at evaluation forum, coaching...)
      [ ] good mindset
      [ ] stick to BRM (100BI to moveup)

Currently don't have for some sick grindaments, have RL things which I don't want to neglect.

GL
    • flekozub
      flekozub
      Bronze
      Ok, I f+ckd up.

Ipoker2 didn't really improve number of tables and as I mostly can play poker at this time (11am - late afternoon), I've decided to mix nl100 also despite having about 30BIs only. It ended awful, lost 8 BI's in abt 2k hands. Then decided to play some nl50hu and some nitfish reg took me about 400€ running into coolers + tilting later. Overall, I'm down about 1,8k since moving to ipoker. Only logical solution is going back to stars, what I've done.

Looks like all other software tilts me, when I review where I played in the past, I'm the biggest winner at stars and ftp. All other sites (despite maybe bwin) I'm in red. For sure site isn't problem, it's in my head but I can't help myself.

Problem about going back to stars is that I'm now only silverstar, deposit bonus is gone. Big plus is that pokerstars is surely one of the safest sites currently, also this restriction limits I can put is surely big plus for me. This year I made about 20k vpp's, supernova is hardly doable for me nl25 and even nl50. I'm considering making new account on someone to get FDB but not sure to who.

For sure I'll regain my confidence and roll at nl25 for start.

My goals for September are mostly same as in post above, will focus mostly on playing a lot as I want to start nl50 at October. For that I would need at least 50BIs so big volume should be my main volume.

GL