[NL2-NL10] NL50,SSS,9handed,A5s freeplay

• JonatanW
      JonatanW
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Button ($20.90)
      SB ($6.35)
      Hero ($11.35)
      UTG ($51.85)
      UTG+1 ($2.75)
      MP1 ($27.20)
      MP2 ($13.40)
      MP3 ($19.30)
      CO ($18.90)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5, A.
      6 folds, Button calls $0.50, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1.50) A, 9, A (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1, Button calls $1, SB folds.

Turn: ($3.50) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.5, Button calls $3.50.

River: ($10.50) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $4, Hero raises to $6.35 (All-In), Button calls $2.35.

Final Pot: $23.20

Button: VP:42 PR 8 AF 0.7

Didn't put him on an ace since he didn't re-raise on flop. Believe I played all right until river then i'm not so sure.
  • 6 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      PF, flop and turn are ok as you said... ...but river is a push since you have trips which is considered made hand and with made hands we want to put all our money in. I think there's no need to check/raise river.
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Nice preflop.On flop you have trips and most of the time tis is the best hand.You bet,he calls,but on turn second spade shows add you bet pot size ,he calls.With his stats he can limp with weak A or 99 or suited cr...p.You did right on turn,but considering second spade you can also do overprotection and push directly.If he have A or pocket nines he would call and maybe fold his flush draw.I dont`t like river either (when third spade comes).I would do value bet(push) or check/call . Check because I want to induce bluff with weaker hand,call (when I have decent remaining stack) because of the flush possibility,but you had less than pot size left so push is right.Most of the times your hand is the best,but still vulnerable to flush,so imho there`s no place for check/raise.I think he would call your push on river since he called your pot size bet on turn.
      His PFR is quite low ,when vpip42 and aggression is not such big.He can limp with weak A.Next time you look at his AF on streets.
      Good luck. :)
    • JonatanW
      JonatanW
      Bronze
      Well, the plan was to check/call, but I dunno why I changed my mind :P generally never do check-raises because it feels like its usually not a good move. The 4th missing ace was a spade as well.
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      Personally, I wouldn't pot bet, but still 2/3 pot bet on the turn. The 8 doesn't really change anything, there is no need to protect, if you're behind, you'll probably stay behind, if you're not, you probably will stay good. Push on the river.
      Bronze
      Nice one, but there's no need for a check/raise on the river I think. You're playing against calling station, so just bet bet bet...
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      river is bad, he will cb 90% of his range
      just shove it, otherwise nh