[NL2-NL10] NL2 Hero - river conundrum

• LinasMilius
      LinasMilius
      Bronze
      Question is - do i ever check fold the river in this situation, with the way opponent played hes had.
      The question is jut for river, not how i got there, opponent style - Tight semi aggressive, he trayd to bluff me with under pairs few times in last session.

Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG+1: $1.04 (52 bb)
      Hero (UTG+2): $1.56 (78 bb)
      MP1: $1.57 (78.5 bb)
      MP2: $1.58 (79 bb)
      MP3: $2.41 (120.5 bb)
      CO: $2.05 (102.5 bb)
      BTN: $1.90 (95 bb)
      SB: $2 (100 bb)
      BB: $1.37 (68.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with T Q
      UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.06, 5 folds

Flop: ($0.15) J K 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.12, MP2 calls $0.12

Turn: ($0.39) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, MP2 calls $0.30

River: ($0.99) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.08 and is all-in, MP2 calls $1.08

Results:
      $3.15 pot ($0.11 rake)
      Final Board: J K 7 A 7
      Hero showed T Q and lost (-$1.56 net)
      MP2 showed A A and won $3.04 ($1.48 net)
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello LinasMilius,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

If you are playing BSS then try adding to full stack. :)

Preflop: Would recommend downloading starting hand chart from the articles and try to follow it. Your hand is way too loose here to raise it up. Especially if you don't understand good the postflop play.

As played
      Postflop: Not much to comment, just Bet the turn a bit bigger so you wouldn't have to over-shove there. We are never Check/Folding the river.

Best Regards.
    • LinasMilius
      LinasMilius
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello LinasMilius,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

If you are playing BSS then try adding to full stack. :)

Preflop: Would recommend downloading starting hand chart from the articles and try to follow it. Your hand is way too loose here to raise it up. Especially if you don't understand good the postflop play.

As played
      Postflop: Not much to comment, just Bet the turn a bit bigger so you wouldn't have to over-shove there. We are never Check/Folding the river.

Best Regards
      It's been years since i could not get hand out of my hand. In that situation should i really wary about some one not raising the flop having trip JJ or trip KK in non 3b bot.

I mean i don't want to judge by the limits, if it were higher limits should i ever fold nut straight on a rainbow not paired flop/turn? Em I'm always stacking of there no matter what ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      We are not folding in those spots. :) We can't really Check/Fold while the guy could easily have a lot worse hands.