This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] QTo cold call in bb

• ttjjboy
      ttjjboy
      Silver
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $56.63 (113.3 bb)
      SB: $50 (100 bb)
      Hero (BB): $84.11 (168.2 bb)
      UTG: $50 (100 bb)
      MP: $84.33 (168.7 bb)
      CO: $137.02 (274 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q T
      4 folds, SB raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($3) 4 3 Q (2 players)
      SB bets $2.15, Hero ..

good to call the cbet or not?
      if he 2nd barrel on 8d or Ac, what would be the best plan?
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think you don´t want to play for stacks. He would usually also give up on blank turns or even if he barrels you can call with any turn card. I would call there and bet if he checks to me on the turn

- call- you have showdown value, he is bluffing enough times and I don´t think you need to turn your hand into bluff by raising his turn bet.

best regards,
    • ttjjboy
      ttjjboy
      Silver
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Hi,

I think you don´t want to play for stacks. He would usually also give up on blank turns or even if he barrels you can call with any turn card. I would call there and bet if he checks to me on the turn

- call- you have showdown value, he is bluffing enough times and I don´t think you need to turn your hand into bluff by raising his turn bet.

best regards,
      I think you don´t want to play for stacks
      absolutely not :tongue:

- call- you have showdown value

dunt u think he's going to bet every river except hearts?as my top range is KQ and cant really call a river bet on A turn
      so the call seems just to hope that he wouldnt bet river?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

dunt u think he's going to bet every river except hearts?
      - most players would barrel turn and then give up, since your floating range also includes Ax hands and if you´re going to call turn then you may easily call river- so if he has air, I think he is giving up if he is betting on A turn

as my top range is KQ and cant really call a river bet on A turn
      so the call seems just to hope that he wouldnt bet river?
      - your range may easily be AQ (if you don´t decide to raise on the turn) or made flushes or just Ax hands that floated on the flop. Mostly they would not fire 3 barrels if they bet turn trying to represent Ax.