From SSS to BSS While Playing?

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I am asking myself if it is possible whenever you win an all-in call on NL10 with the SSS so you become BSS within an instant, then you continue playing as a BSS player.

Does anyone of the SSS players do this or do you - like me - just Hit&Run after you've doubled up?

I can see only pros to utilize this evolution of tactic because barracuda's can see you still as a tight player since you were a SSS player before the double up.
      But now you've got more chips and call/raise with a much wider range.

Comments are appreciated :)
  • 8 replies
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      think the problem is that after u double up ur still only halfstack (40-50BB)
    • Optroot
      Optroot
      Bronze

You can just re-buy if you want. It depends, if you are mutli-tabling you should probably stick to one strategy. But there are no rules against it, you can do whatever you want. The change in play may confuse people too (except Hit'n'Run is sortof fun :P ).
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Optroot

You can just re-buy if you want. It depends, if you are mutli-tabling you should probably stick to one strategy. But there are no rules against it, you can do whatever you want. The change in play may confuse people too (except Hit'n'Run is sortof fun :P ).
      :evil: you play sss, so we (bigstackers) hate you already, then you hit and run? grr
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      I do it. Usually, Ill play on with ~35-45bb's till UTG and bail, but if i triple up, I add so Im 100bb deep. However, don't make this a habit imo. Problem is, profitability of sss is in two things:

1. playing mistake free
      2. playing as many tables as possible

Those 2 don't work well if you big stack on some tables, and shortstack others. It makes it overcomplicated. Since leaving a table in UTG position is usually free, Id prefer doing that in online poker.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      with 4 tables, I can easily read people's tells and such, especially with Poker Tracker.

However, I do the same with helemaalnicks, I uncheck the 'Post AutoBlind' button and wait for monsters.

The whole evolution of your tactic may only affect the players that are considered solid players and not fishes..
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hi Gerv

I really recommend to blind out and leave the table after doubling up. Staying there and playing wit half a stack or rebuy to a big stack makes no sense. Especially playing with half a stack is bad, because you have all disadvantages of SSS and BSS. Playing BSS on one table and SSS on the other tables is bad as well, since it's not that easy to switch in seconds. You will loose money in the long run doing that. Follow the strategy and leave the table when doubled up.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TribunCaesar
      Hi Gerv

I really recommend to blind out and leave the table after doubling up. Staying there and playing wit half a stack or rebuy to a big stack makes no sense. Especially playing with half a stack is bad, because you have all disadvantages of SSS and BSS. Playing BSS on one table and SSS on the other tables is bad as well, since it's not that easy to switch in seconds. You will loose money in the long run doing that. Follow the strategy and leave the table when doubled up.
      #2, plz, plz, plz dont play with half a stack, its wrong on so many levels.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Thanks for comments , it would take far too much administration and mindswitches yes.

Sorry Chenny but Im continueing Hit & Run the tables :D