Slyuber

• Sashalyuber
      Sashalyuber
      Bronze
      Hello to everyone !

The Japanese have a lovely mythological legend that begins on a faithful day when a small naive gold fish stumble on a large waterfall. The goldfish wanted to rise to the top of the waterfall. The distance was large, and the current strong... But regardless the fish began to swim. As the fish swam higher and higher he became stronger and stronger until one day the little fish had reached the top of the waterfall... However to all the other animals dismay by the time the little fish had reached the top, he had grown and transformed into a large and wise, magnificent dragon.

To all my fellow little fish! This is the story of how we will struggle and grow until we are no longer fish, but dragons.

Homework Number One.

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

I have always wanted to succeed and excel in places where most couldn't. Poker is a lovely challenge that when practiced and studied allows me to do just that.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

Of course tilt is most defiantly a large weakness I have noticed in myself. Lately I have began to put limits on myself to stop me from playing after a certain amount of losses.

Learning to clearly see the difference between strong play and luck has always proved to be quite tough and in most cases leads to a sort of over confidence...

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

Play tight: Fold poor hands, play position, be aware of other tight players around you and respond accordingly.

Play Aggressive: When you have a good hand, bet. Bet for value, bet for protection or for a continuation bet. But bet! Be aware of the blinds and when you are able to steal them... In the same sense be willing to protect strong hands preflop against other looser more aggressive players.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Another option against tilt is to set yourself shorter sessions which might avoid you from tilting. If you playing longer sessions then it's more likely that during that session you can get upset. So work on your game and try to find out what makes you tilt and try to fight against it.

Confidence is a question of experience. The more hands you have analyzed the more hands you have played the more confident you will get in your play. So don't worry about that so much but rather concentrate on your learning part and don't forget analyzing your game which is the most important aspect for beginners. Obviously not only for beginners but for high level players as well, you will never stop learning in poker.

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course.