This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL25 A9s

• duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players -

CO: $27.79
      BTN: $23.51
      SB: $32.37
      BB: $29.50
      Hero (UTG): $25.96

Pre Flop: ($0.37) Hero is UTG with 9 :diamond: A :diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.75, CO calls $0.75, BTN calls $0.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.62) 5 :spade: 9 :club: 3 :diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.90, CO folds, BTN calls $1.90

Turn: ($6.42) J :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.00, BTN raises to $10.50, Hero calls $6.50

River: ($27.42) 3 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $10.36, Hero folds

CO 19/15 reg

BTN

After calling flop 3way, I dont think his turn raise would be a bluff very often (most likely a set), but I have the odds to call, and if I hit my backdoor I dont think he could fold to a river donk.
      Would be better to ch/call turn?
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think there are not too much difference- you can take c/c turn and c/c river (c/rai river if you hit your 9 or flush, likely lead on A river) or b/c turn and then decide if he is bluffing or not. If you bet turn yourself then he may fold his marginal hands- if you check, then he may easily bet his 88/77.

Since you raised UTG I don´t think he is trying to bluff you out too often, so b/c should be fine- If I raised any other position I would consider shoving (or at least calling him down), since it seems quite nice spot to bluff

best regards,
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      With his turn raise he's definitely representing sets. If you bet/call on the turn, would you shove on any river we improve, or check/fold on 9, A, 5, where we improve our hand, but are still beat by set / full house?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pcfmcc02
      With his turn raise he's definitely representing sets. If you bet/call on the turn, would you shove on any river we improve, or check/fold on 9, A, 5, where we improve our hand, but are still beat by set / full house?
      problem is that we don´t really know if he is raising there with 55/33 or maybe J9s or maybe some air. I would prefer check even if I hit the river, since I don´t think sets would really afraid flush too often and it seems more likely you have there overpair than pair+flushdraw. Also he may then shove his air trying to represent flushes.