• duder1n0
      $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players -

CO: $24.94
      BTN: $7.62
      SB: $36.54
      Hero (BB): $25.25

Pre Flop: ($0.37) Hero is BB with K :heart: J :diamond:
      CO raises to $0.75, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.50, CO calls $1.75

Flop: ($5.12) 6 :heart: K :club: 8 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($5.12) 2 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $3.00, Hero calls $3

River: ($11.12) 4 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $9.00, Hero calls $9

What do you think about this 3bet preflop? He has a 23% CO openraise range, I have some blockers for AK/KK/JJ, and I would be happy to make him fold, but he calls 20% of the time. He could call with some hands wich dominate me (KQ/AJ), but also with dominated hands (QJs/JTs).

On the flop I didnt feel much value in betting. He doesnt have KT in his range very often, and I'm way ahead of JJ/TT, which couldnt call me on multiple streets either.
      How would you play this after the flop?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello pcfmcc02,

Preflop: No, don't like it. What's the purpose of it if the guy doesn't even fold his hands at all that often. You are just putting yourself into a spot where you will be dominated.

As played
      Postflop: CBetting flop wouldn't achieve much cause there ain't going to be many hands which Call you there. Especially from such an opponent.

What you should be asking is if he is ever capable of bluffing here, cause we beat just pure bluffs. He is super-passive overall I'd say so it's pretty close play here. Wouldn't be surprised if he even Checks behind some FD on the flop. But the river Bet size makes his hand pretty polarized.

Best Regards.