Internet Provider

• JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

Does anyone have any suggestions for internet providers in the UK (London). I've got BT but over a 12 month period it goes through phases of regularly disconnecting which is massively tilting.

Planning to switch, maybe to Sky Broadband. Anyone use them?

Thanks
  • 5 replies
    • martoman2k10
      martoman2k10
      Bronze
      When I was into gaming loads, people used to say Sky internet was the worst by far. Latency and disconnecting issues etc.

I've had Virgin for about 8 years now and very happy with them.

It does have a lot to do with your area though
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      Sky is awful. My parents have it in London, and will often go down for a whole day. Other times, it will just stop for 30 mins.

Virgin was quite good, although I had it at Uni in the West Country. Seemed to be quite reliable and speedy, did go down a couple of times though.

O2 was awesome, had it for a year in my flat in London, not one problem
    • JimC6
      JimC6
      Bronze
      I have Virgin Media and for the majority of the time it works fine and very fast.

However there is the odd time when it randomly disconnects in the evening and I can't phone anybody to sort it until the next morning and then they take about 5-6 hours to get it working again.

This has happened around 8-9 times in 5 years though so not very often although it is a nuisance when it does happen because all the pay to view TV channels go too so you are stuck watching BBC2.
    • martoman2k10
      martoman2k10
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JimC6
      I have Virgin Media and for the majority of the time it works fine and very fast.

However there is the odd time when it randomly disconnects in the evening and I can't phone anybody to sort it until the next morning and then they take about 5-6 hours to get it working again.

This has happened around 8-9 times in 5 years though so not very often although it is a nuisance when it does happen because all the pay to view TV channels go too so you are stuck watching BBC2.
      what's wrong with BBC 1 ? :P

I think, atm Virgin Media and BT (with infinity) are the best for a UK person. But again, it depends what the ISP is like at that area. I'd ask about in the local area - to see what's best there
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      Awsome, thanks for the input guys. Will steer clear of Sky.