More useful promotions

• ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Gonna keep it short, like it or not.

Kinda feel the promotions/content/private "access" for a gold/plati/diamond member is pretty shitty atm. If I had to register to a pokerroom, I would never use pokerstrategy (at the current time) as affiliate because for what I get back in return is just plain shit.

A good one is this: (instead of the old/outdated articles)
      JonathanLittle Game review!

But only one person gets selected, which totally sucks. Maybe get more MTT/SH/FR coach to do such things, and select for example 2 player with bronze, 4 player with silver, 6 with gold etc.

tl;dr improve the quality of promotions

Sorry for any offensive language, this has been in my mind for some time now and it has to go out
  • 18 replies
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He ragney,

sorry that you might have the impression that we want to limit members from accessing such promotions.
      We want to provide the best educational material and try hard to reach that aim.
      We want to have the most versatile offer, which means we want to have reviews, but not only reviews. Therefore when we created the offer in march we decided to mention that we only offer one spot. Over the time we are of course taking more, suggestions are always nice. I.e. now I already forwarded the HH from TinoLaan to JLittle and got a positive confirmation.
      That does not prevent us from doing more reviews with other users in the future.

For No Limit even BogdanPS offers various forms of reviews, and we receive great feedback on those, so doing of course more of them. If we did 2+4+6+x on every gametype, I am afraid that would be very good for the affected user, but would decrease the variety amongst our video offer.

Furthermore, "what I get back in return is just plain shit." is not really helpful because we barely have an info on where to improve, the reason is the ", because ....." is missing. So no offence - if you want us to improve name the pieces you do not like. If you want, send us a private email to coach@pokerstrategy.com

Best regards,Sven

tl,dr: yes, we are not only taking one guy, but we do not want to spam the video section with just user reviews. Further to your request we might offer such promos for more coaches.
    • martins1337
      martins1337
      Bronze
      i will add suggestion here if I can
      I think there is a need for gold NL BSS coaching. I think what ps offers now is supper good for nl2-nl10 players - begginers course and up to silver coachings, but for players playing nl25-nl50 who don't play much and can't get platinum to attend plat coaching is not that good (can't find right words).
      I'm not saying articles and videos for gold members is bad, I'm saying if there is gold FL coaching, shouldn't there be gold NL coaching?
      Thanks!
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      martins1337, there are no objections to your proposal, that is totally correct and is on our agenda!
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ragney
      If I had to register to a pokerroom, I would never use pokerstrategy (at the current time) as affiliate because for what I get back in return is just plain shit.
      Hey ragney,

I understand if you might not be happy with our educational offer, as it might not cater to every individual need.
      But at basically all our partner poker rooms, we are not just offering our education content.
      We are also offering the best possible monetary offers.

So mostly, even if put the value of our educational content really low for you, it is the best thing for you to sign up through us.

I don't say that to convince you, but just so you pay attention on the monetary returns when you sign up for a room. We might be better than you think! :)

Lutz
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      I do get what Ragney is saying.

I liked when you guys were partenered with FTP, mainly because of the rakeback. As it is, you mostly offer just first deposit bonuses, which have a smaller value in the longterm. Would be nice to have some more flexibility between RB promos and First deposit offers.

I don't know whether this is poker wide at the moment and because poker rooms aren't prepared to offer RB, or if it is just the way PS choose to operate?

And I'm not sure if this already exists, but would be really good to have a bonus comparison, so we see which of your partner rooms give the best deals with their first deposit bonuses, and it's equivalence to RB
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bennisboy
      I do get what Ragney is saying.

I liked when you guys were partenered with FTP, mainly because of the rakeback. As it is, you mostly offer just first deposit bonuses, which have a smaller value in the longterm. Would be nice to have some more flexibility between RB promos and First deposit offers.

I don't know whether this is poker wide at the moment and because poker rooms aren't prepared to offer RB, or if it is just the way PS choose to operate?

And I'm not sure if this already exists, but would be really good to have a bonus comparison, so we see which of your partner rooms give the best deals with their first deposit bonuses, and it's equivalence to RB
      Hey bennisboy :)

On the sites with which it is possible, we do offer the best legal raeback out there but as you said on some sites we just can't give rakeback. It's not just first deposit bonuses though, there are also some big weekly and monthly freerolls as well as exclusive PokerStrategy.com rake races.

Of course we will continue to try and bring you as much value as we can and as SvenBe said it's always good to read feedback, both positive and negative and we encourage you to give more and more suggestions so we can move forward together :)

All the best

Carl
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      You might personally prefer flat rakeback (such as the 27% at FTP), and I quite understand that.

But it's the poker rooms who make the rules.
      And inside of their rules, we try to offer the best monetary rewards - on top of our educational offers.

So the question is: "is there a place, where you get better legal deals money-wise than us?"
      And for nearly all our partner rooms, I'd be pretty sure there is no such place.
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Xantos
      You might personally prefer flat rakeback (such as the 27% at FTP), and I quite understand that.

But it's the poker rooms who make the rules.
      And inside of their rules, we try to offer the best monetary rewards - on top of our educational offers.

So the question is: "is there a place, where you get better legal deals money-wise than us?"
      And for nearly all our partner rooms, I'd be pretty sure there is no such place.
      I thought that might be the case. Thanks for confirming. I also thought it might be to do with the costs to you of providing educational material etc... But I am yet to find anywhere offering better deals.

As in my original post, are there any threads around that show bonus comparison? Like saying how much you need to rake at each site to unlock bonus increments? And how much rake each site takes? If not, is this information you could provide to us? Or would it violate your terms of service with the partner rooms?
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Xantos
      If I had to register to a pokerroom, I would never use pokerstrategy (at the current time) as affiliate because for what I get back in return is just plain shit.
      Hey ragney,

I understand if you might not be happy with our educational offer, as it might not cater to every individual need.
      But at basically all our partner poker rooms, we are not just offering our education content.
      We are also offering the best possible monetary offers.

So mostly, even if put the value of our educational content really low for you, it is the best thing for you to sign up through us.

I don't say that to convince you, but just so you pay attention on the monetary returns when you sign up for a room. We might be better than you think! :)

Lutz
      I understand where you guys stand. I'm just saying, that the rank "gold/platinum" here on pokerstrategy has like almost no meaning. There is nothing exclusive, nor worthy for those rank. Silver is more than enough here. Thats also the reason what I wrote that if I had to signup to another pokerroom I would never use pokerstrategy because I get basicly nothing in return.

I mean if I look at some random videos, I see silver having acces to some nl100 SH and HU videos. 98% of the silver members don't play higher than nl25 imo. So if I had to maximize my value here I would just register to a random room and grind one day there untill I hit silver, while the other rooms I use some other and perhaps better affiliate.

Once again, I feel the structure of pokerstrategy atm is total shit. The only good thing is that most members are actually nice :)

And again, sorry for any offensive language, its kinda how I usually talk when I'm not satisfied with something, even IRL.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      I understand your point of view but i don't see you naming anything specifically they should improve on. Personally i don't really get much out of it either since im only tracked on stars where they have no promo's (nothing they can do about that since stars wont allow it) and i rarely watch video's this days.

Other then that their promo's seem to be fine and just as good as any other affiliate and their gemstone promo on top seems solid value as well. Obviously none of that is possible on stars but in the future im wondering how will it go with full tilt now that its under pokerstars ownership?

But just looking at some video's from gold/platinum/diamond lvl they seem to have some solid content from most formats in the last few months. Im really not seeing where they should improve in this area.

You can also join parties once you reach diamond.

You can't forget that they also offer 50$ capitals that they at some point invested in you as well.

They still offer a lot but you seem to want 1-on-1 coaching which with all they already offer i doubt its possible and its not really their business model.

If your looking to get 1-on-1 coaching for your rake then you are indeed better off signing up from other affiliate's. But they offer only the 1-on-1 coaching and nothing else while PS offers a bunch of different stuff that you can use. In the end its up to you to figure out what max EV for your.
    • troshacha
      troshacha
      Gold
      Hi,

I think that PokerStrategy is only good for begining players because they got 50$ free and there is nice videos and articles fore them. But when the players start to play bigger limits they prefer to have some big promotions like rake racec (for PokerStars and FTP) etc. and videos and articles cant compete with the bigest training sites. K for FTP PokerStrategy has rake race but for PokerStars there isnt. Most of the big grinders are playing at thouse 2 sites so PokerStars players with affiliate PokerStrategy are f.ucked. I read that PokerStars give 20% to affiliate site so if I rake 1000$ for 1 month I get from PokerStrategy videos/articles/Hand Evaluations and after some moths free party. PokerStrategy has SideKick but that promo is not like rake race there isnt bonus money if I rake some $.This is not enought. If I rake 1000$ for 1 month at FTP I get the same things and bonus from rake race.

I think that every poker room suported by PokerStrategy have to have rake rase not only for biggest grinders but for every limit that players play. Example PokerStars rake race for NL2/NL5/NL10 and for other game formats and rooms etc. If/or/and grinders that are playing at PokerStars havnt rake race thay should be compensate for that like free trainig etc...

I understand that small poker rooms want players and for that they and PokerStrategy make some freerolls and some small promo but for bigger grinders thouse little promo is just for laugh.

I think that it is not worth to be Black Member at PokerStrategy when u are playing at PokerStars and if I know that what I know now I never would choose PokerStrategy for my affiliate!

Im sure that what Xantos wrote is not true "is there a place, where you get better legal deals money-wise than us?". I am sure that there is butfor forum rules I cant write it.

HF
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by troshacha
      Hi,

I think that PokerStrategy is only good for begining players because they got 50$ free and there is nice videos and articles fore them. But when the players start to play bigger limits they prefer to have some big promotions like rake racec (for PokerStars and FTP) etc. and videos and articles cant compete with the bigest training sites. K for FTP PokerStrategy has rake race but for PokerStars there isnt. Most of the big grinders are playing at thouse 2 sites so PokerStars players with affiliate PokerStrategy are f.ucked. I read that PokerStars give 20% to affiliate site so if I rake 1000$ for 1 month I get from PokerStrategy videos/articles/Hand Evaluations and after some moths free party. PokerStrategy has SideKick but that promo is not like rake race there isnt bonus money if I rake some $.This is not enought. If I rake 1000$ for 1 month at FTP I get the same things and bonus from rake race.

I think that every poker room suported by PokerStrategy have to have rake rase not only for biggest grinders but for every limit that players play. Example PokerStars rake race for NL2/NL5/NL10 and for other game formats and rooms etc. If/or/and grinders that are playing at PokerStars havnt rake race thay should be compensate for that like free trainig etc...

I understand that small poker rooms want players and for that they and PokerStrategy make some freerolls and some small promo but for bigger grinders thouse little promo is just for laugh.

I think that it is not worth to be Black Member at PokerStrategy when u are playing at PokerStars and if I know that what I know now I never would choose PokerStrategy for my affiliate!

Im sure that what Xantos wrote is not true "is there a place, where you get better legal deals money-wise than us?". I am sure that there is butfor forum rules I cant write it.

HF
      This is not pokerstrategys fault. Pokerstars doesn't allow any rakeraces or promotions of anykind on their site. If you find an affiliate that has rake racers or rakeback on pokerstars feel free to let us know.
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      I would not be using pokerstrategy on any sites anymore, to be my poker affiliate. As I see 0 perks to doing so. There is a lot of sites I don't play or have never tried, so technically I am still a untapped market for sites and affiliates.

I just don't see what you give that I can't get from sites or other affiliates. Thankfully I am only signed up in two sites from you. Besides the videos, you offer nothing. I mean I would still get bonus offers from sites without you ......... all you do is take a chunk of rake off what I give the site I play on ............. Actually this may harm me in the future if sites look to force the players they make little money on off their sites. As I assume you take a large chunk of a sites rake.

All the lower level ranks(bronze, silver, gold) do here is contribute towards the parties the higher ranks have or their perks. I was gold here but had no motivation to maintain playing on sites through you guys, as gold did sweet f all for me. It didn't get me anything I could not get at silver etc etc. So I went and played at my untracked site.

I would love to know would you guys consider emailing a survey to all your registered clients. Ask them what perks they would like to get out of this site AND WHAT PERKS THEY WOULD LIKE AS THEY PROGRESS UP THE RANKS.

I have never once got a survey off of you guys asking me am I happy etc, what would I change if I could. What perks would I like to see ???

More freerolls, better freerolls for higher status. Chance to enter a lotto to play a pokerstrategy pro and have my play analyzed after it. Crap like that. Even entered into lottos for a 100 dollar tournament ticket. Hell it would be something and even interesting to follow the lucky winners to see how they do especially if it is a step up for them.

Instead I just feel kind of empty with you guys, what do I get if I want more than the vids. Have you guys considered PLAYERS OUTGROW THE 50 DOLLAR BANKROLL etc and seek more.

It is also like the other dude said, what does me aiming for a gold status or higher and actually playing on sites signed up with you .... seperate me from a silver.

I think if we also ran a survey it would more than likely come back that most people here are not pros. WE ARE ORDINARY JOE SOAPS, salt of the earth people who play casually as a past time.

We will eventually reach a point we are happy with and don't give a f about the vids but other fun things. We don't need to be super pros, we have jobs.

Thank you for reading, whoever did.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Interestingly, nobody mentioned the hand evaluation forums, which are one of the best ways to find and fix leaks in your game.

For example, ArkhamAsylum, for the last couple of months, you've just been spamming the introduction forums mostly with one word replies. I hope that you're not doing that only to be able to apply for staking or something similar. So if you are not using the features, they can't help you improve.

Troshacha, you don't seem to be too active on forums either.

Another valuable thing IMO are live coachings where you can easily work on fixing your game if you ask the right questions.

Now, to be objective, I do agree to an extent that the higher ranks don't benefit so much. You get most of the benefits as a bronze/silver member, whereas if you are gold/platinum, you don't gain many additional benefits. This is especially true if you grind a lot at micro stakes. Then, for example as a gold member, you have access to videos of like PLO400 whereas you're still playing PLO25 and the videos about PLO400 aren't that helpful. I do understand that this needs to be somewhat balanced as not everyone grinds a lot, but it is something that should be taken into consideration.

The black and diamond members have some obvious benefits in form of parties, forums and the top 250 promotion and can benefit quite a bit from rake races as well, unless they play on pokerstars of course - but even here it balances out as you probably pay less rake than on the small poker rooms, which means that you don't really need additional rake races.

So the group of players which might feel that they don't benefit enough are probably micro stakes players, maybe small stakes players who have (could have) gold/platinum statuses. These players might be able to benefit more by (as already mentioned) grinding till silver status and then playing on another poker room. So perhaps focusing on improving the features for this group of people would be beneficial for you.

Now in a way, you are already doing that. From a player's perspective, I can tell you that the "get $100 extra if you reach platinum this month, get $50 extra if you reach gold, etc." kind of promotions are very motivating, whereas the "get free platinum status if you earn 50SP each day for 20 days" kind of promotion isn't as rewarding and motivating for this specific group of players, as they don't see many benefits in being platinum compared to gold.

I hope that that was some constructive feedback :) .

P.S. I do agree with one more thing, you should really look into using your mailing system to send out some surveys. I actually find it quite surprising that you don't use that yet, as it is a great way of getting into your customers' heads and giving them what they want.

-SF
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      they can always add pokerstars freeroll for pokerstrategy members coming from their own 20%

or make home games for pokerstrategist on stars.

as it is poker players tracked to pokerstars on pokerstrategy are fucked aside from jsut getting a FDB :(

we might as well sign up to another affiliate for playing on pokerstars
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      Schnitzelfisch if you actually read my posts in the welcome forums ...... you would see most actaully relate to the person or has a funny remark. roopopper is the one who spams the new persons forum and some of my posts were tongue in cheek with his :) . I do my best in the time available. At least I acknowledge people :)

Also don't tell me about the hand evaluation forums and how to get better. You have clearly not read my forum post here in full complete detail. Some points you glanced over I guess. To give you a brief overview. My whole post was having more than vids and improving with examples as to other things. I also went on to discuss a survey. read all the post to fill in those points I just listed.

Good lad.

Edited a few times (toned it down a bit upon re reading a few times)
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey guys,

Firstly thanks for your initial post Ragney, and thanks for contribution from the others too.

We try out best to keep updating our strategy content and fulfilling our members needs, we research exactly what you need and try to find the right guys.

The truth is however that we don't know exactly what you think so hearing your feedback is super constructive to us and I am so happy you come here and air your opinions rather than going untracked and leaving unhappy.

It is obvious to anybody that you have PokerStrategy.com in your interests and that you WANT to play tracked through us.

As Xantos said earlier, we so strive to offer the best monetary value deal at every partner room that we work with, however we must strive to continue to improve in every area and one of those is our educational offer.

Over the next few weeks we are going to be looking into exactly what we need to improve our offer to all of our customers, and that includes Gold Members who feel they need some more exclusive content.

I promise this won't be something we just speak about and will be something we actually actively work on and strive to improve.

Thanks for your patience and I promise we will address all of the issues mentioned in the thread.

Thanks
      Patrick
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach

A good one is this: (instead of the old/outdated articles)
      JonathanLittle Game review!

But only one person gets selected, which totally sucks. Maybe get more MTT/SH/FR coach to do such things, and select for example 2 player with bronze, 4 player with silver, 6 with gold etc.

Thanks for this stuff too and keep it coming, education needs to be as interesting and "fresh" as possible, keep coming to us with new ideas and we will try to implement them if they make sense or slightly adapt them to be more attractive to a wider audience.

We could even start a new thread called "Suggest a video series style" to us. Do you think this would work Ragney?

Thanks again
      Patrick