UTG+1: $2.00
      MP: $0.96
      CO: $3.42
      BTN: $1.91
      Hero (SB): $2.00
      BB: $3.06
      UTG: $0.77

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB with 9 :club: 9 :heart:
      2 folds, MP calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.01, BB raises to $0.16, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2, BB calls $1.84

Flop: ($4.02) K :heart: 8 :heart: J :club: (2 players)

Turn: ($4.02) 6 :heart: (2 players)

River: ($4.02) 3 :diamond: (2 players)

i know that i played spewy this hand but i don t know if i can play like that with villain wth VPIP 96 abd PFR 55 adter 270 hands. Thanks !!!
  • 2 replies
    • cufc37
      cufc37
      Bronze
      Haha, I think I was at your table or at least I'm 99.9% sure that I had the same guy on mine. He was awesome - I've got him down $12 in 74 hands. I can definitely vouch for the fact that it's not as spewy as it looks.

I did see him do the standard 8x raise and fold to a shove so he wasn't calling his whole range. I might be wrong, but I also found him to be much more passive postflop unless he had hit. He would call down if he had any part of the flop even bottom pair on A high flop in 3 bet pot.

Maybe you have a few more hands with him and a different/better read, but I would've probably just raised it up to 60 cents and looked to also get value from his weakest part of his range by betting out on almost any flop and only been concerned if he'd got aggro. My guess is though, that it's also very much +ev to just shove it in against his still pretty wide calling range (probably all pockets, Ax, broadways, etc.)

Also, maybe you could have raised it preflop, and been prepared to just shove it in if he 3 bet you. That way he'd probably have called you down with whatever.

Anyways, I will look forward to seeing what the hand judge has to suggest!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Beldyn,

Your hand is strong enough, rather raise it for value. WTF? You complete and then shove vs a 8bb raise? Doesn't make sense at all, just waste of money.

Best Regards.