Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      CO shlyapa55 ($30.00)
      BTN hopohepo ($21.44)
      SB lefou2 ($47.70)
      BB Hero ($30.00)

Pre-flop: ($0.45, 4 players) Hero is BB Q:heart: A:heart:
      1 fold, hopohepo calls $0.30, 1 fold, Hero bets $1, hopohepo calls $1

Flop: 4:spade: K:spade: A:diamond: ($2.75, 2 players)
      Hero bets $2.10, hopohepo calls $2.10

Turn: 2:spade: ($6.95, 2 players)
      Hero checks, hopohepo checks

River: Q:diamond: ($6.95, 2 players)
      Hero bets $3, hopohepo goes all-in $18.04, Hero ?

no stats . but i think most of the times he shows here a flush
  • 4 replies
    • lilprincess
      lilprincess
      Bronze
      your bet looks so weak you are turning your hand face up, easy bluff on his part but nothing you can do about it, you have to fold
      check/call is better here imo
    • HoLs
      HoLs
      Bronze
      I agree with lilprincess.

On river, you have to ask youself, "what worse hands could call me"? There isn't much, maybe some Kxs that he limped in or low pair like 55-77. With Ax he would've probably raised on flop or turn. By simple calling your flop bet hes probably on a draw, flush draw or maybe gutshot with backdoor flush like QT or JT. So, in this case, it's not worth the risk of getting reraised for the small times you will get called by a worse hand.

So, the best play would be checking the river, giving your opp a chance to bluff at the pot trying to make you fold representing a flush. If he bets you have a decision to make of either call or fold. Without reads I would call anywhere below 3/4 potsize bets and fold to a potsize or overbet.

Also, pre flop make him pay a little more for open limping pre flop. Standard raise is 4x plus 1 for limper so you should have gone for somewhere between 4.5 and 5BB. Around 1.5$.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I like bet/fold, rather than c/c or c/f turn.
      River is probably fold, but very tempting, since pot isn´t that big and he is 70BB deep.
    • HoLs
      HoLs
      Bronze
      Why bet/fold? What are you winning from betting? Its hard to find a reallistic hand that we're beating on river according to his line as he limps pre flop on button, calls flop, checks behind turn.

Its true that he's an idiot, not playing fullstack, limping on button but still, I think you get more value by letting him bluff at river than expecting a dumb call or getting bluffed at river.