Plo Hud

• JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      Hi Guys,

How important do you think a HUD is for micro stakes PLO? Specifically for Zoom.

I've found it less important than in NLH given that ranges are less clearly defined by HUD stats and there is less of a maths intensive 3-bet/4-bet/5-bet war pre-flop at the low limits. Playing Zoom, there tends to be a pretty standard set of HUD stats (although there are clearly outliers). It also seems to take longer for HUD stats to converge in PLO.

I've started playing PLO10 on Pokerstars Mobile and so obviously don't have any stats. I've been doing well and thinking about moving up to PLO25 and I'm trying to understand how big of a disadvantage I'd be at without a HUD.

Cheers.
  • 2 replies
    • Chriffan
      Chriffan
      Bronze
      I play PLO2 zoom ATM.
      I found a HUD very essential because of the more extreme players you find in zoom. Maniacs become crazier. nits become nittier and regs become very ABC playing people in a other way than on ordinairy tables.

I'm sure you can play profitable at the micro stakes but if you want to play higher stakes, forget it.
      Do you mean it takes more time for HUD to load? WTF why would it?

Do you seriously play on mobile and thinks your a winning player? I don't want to be harsch on you but seriously, how many hands have you played? Can't get big sample there, can you?
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      There isn't any software available that can give you a HUD on mobile.

My mobile sample size is small, probably about 20-30k hands, but I'd estimate my win rate at >8bb/100. I'm much more comfortable with a HUD and I've adapted my style a bit when I don't have one - I'm definitely playing more straightforward/standard.

People playing Zoom PLO10 seem to play so weak/passive post flop and make such fundamental mistakes (particularly with their pre-flop ranges) that I'm confident I'm beating the game (although my sample size means it could just be +ve variance).

To rephrase my question, I guess I'm looking for people's views on what limit a HUD becomes essential for Zoom.