This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 AA Shove in multipot

• kenny0503
      kenny0503
      Bronze
      PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($4.75)
      SB ($2.66)
      BB ($6.25)
      UTG ($6.36)
      UTG+1 ($8.44)
      MP1 ($6.87)
      Hero (MP2) ($5.19)
      MP3 ($7.10)
      CO ($9.39)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, A
      3 folds, Hero bets $0.20, MP3 calls $0.20, CO calls $0.20, 2 folds, BB calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.82) 9, 5, Q (4 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.65, MP3 calls $0.65, CO calls $0.65, BB calls $0.65

Turn: ($3.42) 4 (4 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $4.34 (All-In), MP3 calls $4.34, 2 folds

River: ($12.10) 3 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $12.10 | Rake: $0.50

Results below:

Hero had A, A (one pair, Aces).
      MP3 had A, Q (one pair, Queens).
      Outcome: Hero won $11.60

I didnt like the way I played this hand at all but not sure were I should of altered the play, I end up being pot commited and shoving vs 3 players.

On the flop against so many players I believe maybe a full pot bet would of been better for protection, but the board was so dry I didn't feel it was necessary with the only real draw being JT. I was either way ahead/way behind.

On the turn I had three callers. There were not any real draws that I could see either, JT & JTs being the most obvious monster draw. All others were gutshots which I feel I didnt need to protect against as much, maybe 67s but does that call the flop? And two pair combo's seemed unlikely.

I wanted to protect my hand on the turn which meant I was going to be pot commited so thought it would be better to get in first. But what hands would call that bet? I figured KK, AQ, KQ, JTs, 67s, that I'm ahead of, AA for the split, or sets that I was behind to.

Any ideas where I should alter my play to avoid this happening again.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello kenny0503,

Doubt that it's going to be a huge mistake if you even shove like that. But I would tend to Bet a bit smaller like $2,30 and shove the river. At least allows them to Call with a lot worse. If they are calling with a draw they are making a mistake anyways.

Best Regards.