[NL2-NL10] TT set oop.

• Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      Is there anyway away from this hand? Villian is 24/16 over 250 hands.

There is no way I am getting away here right? My instict was that he had riverd two pair+ But a flush would be quite unlucky right?

Guess the best play is to call his re raise as he will fold all worse sets and two pairs so there will be no value in pushing.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?6432621
  • 4 replies
    • Benm473
      Benm473
      Bronze
      Hi there.

I don't know what I do here. I guess its hard to say without knowing your villain very well either.

That river line is very very strong its just the hand doens't make much sense.

His stats suggest that he is raising a lot of goofier stuff but not calling with it so putting him on a range that beats you here is difficult.

For me the most logical thing would have been a set rather than two pair but I don't know if he goes all in on the river with a set on that board.

I think we can rule out bluffing obvs but he knows you are strong and still re raises you I don't think he puts you on aces with a river re-raise so you could conclude he's not scared by much. Do sets two pair etc not just call here even a straight as you have bet big on a massive scare card?

I don't know if I would fold here but I would be tempted to because I didn't raise the turn and he just checked the turn back I don't think he would have done this with a set etc. I think I would feel compelled to get it in but feel bad about not having raised the turn ( the board is nasty and this is the first time he has been aggro/given good info on strength of hand).

So I probably don't get away from this (due to passive line taken we have underpresented) However I would definately bet the turn though. I also defs don't put him on two pair ( Idon't know if there are any likely 2 pairs in his range) I just call hoping its a set but due to the strength of the betting feeling its going to be worse 56 or any flush got there.

I agree though that him hitting a flush after said float is unlucky though.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Boss Media - Hold'em Cash Games - $0.25/0.50 Blinds - 5 Players
      Hand Converter by Pokerhand.org

STEN888 (CO): $100.54
      strutglass (BTN): $128.20
      alvi (SB): $73.65
      Disappeare (BB): $102.61
      mutopia (UTG): $50.25

Pre-flop: Dealt to Disappeare T:heart: T:spade:
      (1 folds), STEN888 checks, strutglass raises to $2.50, (1 folds), Disappeare calls $2.50, (1 folds)

Flop: ($5.75) 2:heart: T:diamond: 4:club: (2 Players)
      Disappeare checks, strutglass bets $3, Disappeare calls $3

Turn: ($11.75) 3:diamond: (2 Players)
      Disappeare checks, strutglass checks

River: ($11.75) 7:diamond: (2 Players)
      Disappeare bets $7.50, strutglass raises to $27.75, Disappeare raises to $95.25, strutglass all-in $122.70, Disappeare all-in $97.11
      strutglass Showed K:diamond: 9:diamond:
      strutglass wins $201.07
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Saren113,

Turn: You should be donking the turn cause it's very likely that the guy could Check behind a lot of Ax hands there.

As played
      River: What 2pairs? :f_biggrin: Be realistic, there ain't any 2pairs in his range, right now the only hand you beat is 77 but meanwhile tons of flushes got there which would Check behind the turn. Any made hand would bet the turn himself. So it's at the best a Bet/Call if even that cause the raise is so huge. You just beat bluff and 77.

Best Regards.
    • Ickki
      Ickki
      Bronze
      I'd bet the turn here for value. There's not much beating you up to this point.