This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 Zoom AK villians range

• kenny0503
      kenny0503
      Bronze
      Poker Stars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (9 handed) - Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($8.55)
      Hero (SB) ($6.90)
      BB ($5.30)
      UTG ($4.32)
      UTG+1 ($3.40)
      MP1 ($6.41)
      MP2 ($5)
      MP3 ($7.80)
      Villian (CO) ($7.58)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, A
      5 folds, Villian bets $0.15, 1 fold, Hero raises $0.43, 1 fold, Villian calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.95) Q, 7, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.55, Villian calls $0.55

Turn: ($2.05) 10 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Villian checks

River: ($2.05) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.10, Villian calls $1.10

Total pot: $4.25

Results below:

Hero had K, A (straight, Ace high).
      Villian didn't show. Villian had 8s,9s.
      Outcome: Hero won $4.07

Preflop I 3x his raise and he calls, I range him 88-QQ, AQs, AK. ( I've seen quite a few people not 4betting with QQ & AK in this spot so included it in his range). He could have any pocket pair looking at the stack sizes, but for range I figure he probably wouldn't with anything less than 88.

Flop: I miss and C-bet 1/2 pot the only hands I range him on to hit the board are AQ, QQ, but looking at my range which 3 betting pf would like AA-KK, AK, maybe AQ vs late pos raiser too, and the dryness of the board should I being cbetting bigger? I don't think I should be as in this spot only better hands are calling so I'm bluffing and want to do it for no more than is needed to get him to fold ( I would value bet on a dry board like this if I had hit as well).

Turn: With the call and being oop I pretty much give up the pot here, I turn a gutshot & two overs but with the flop call I'm not getting him to fold to a T on the turn, and my two overs may not even be two overs so I'm playing chk/fold.

River: He chks behind and I re-evaluate his range, he might have AQ still but 88-99 or JJ are most likely in my opinion. Pot controlling with AQ, or going for a cheap showdown with 88,99,JJ on the turn. I hit my gutshot and have the nuts. I value bet 1/2 pot, with the weakness I show on the turn my hand is AK or nothing from my initial range so I didnt want to bet too strongly so as to make it an easy fold.

Was my ranging here correct?? I was SO shocked when I saw what he had I hadn't contemplated his hand at any stage.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello kenny0503,

Preflop: If you 3bet here then do it bigger, our plan with the 3bet is not give him good odds to Call which he right now gets.

As played
      Postflop: Doesn't make sense to Cb just once on the flop if you are planning to Check/Fold the turn. Just Check/Fold the flop. But otherwise Bet the river bigger, sometimes I'd even shove there cause he could have sets in his range which Call us.

Best Regards.