[NL2-NL10] NL5 Zoom AK villians range

• kenny0503
      kenny0503
      Bronze
      Poker Stars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (9 handed) - Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($8.55)
      Hero (SB) ($6.90)
      BB ($5.30)
      UTG ($4.32)
      UTG+1 ($3.40)
      MP1 ($6.41)
      MP2 ($5)
      MP3 ($7.80)
      Villian (CO) ($7.58)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, A
      5 folds, Villian bets $0.15, 1 fold, Hero raises $0.43, 1 fold, Villian calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.95) Q, 7, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.55, Villian calls $0.55

Turn: ($2.05) 10 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Villian checks

River: ($2.05) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.10, Villian calls $1.10

Total pot: $4.25

Results below:

Hero had K, A (straight, Ace high).
      Villian didn't show. Villian had 8s,9s.
      Outcome: Hero won $4.07

Preflop I 3x his raise and he calls, I range him 88-QQ, AQs, AK. ( I've seen quite a few people not 4betting with QQ & AK in this spot so included it in his range). He could have any pocket pair looking at the stack sizes, but for range I figure he probably wouldn't with anything less than 88.

Flop: I miss and C-bet 1/2 pot the only hands I range him on to hit the board are AQ, QQ, but looking at my range which 3 betting pf would like AA-KK, AK, maybe AQ vs late pos raiser too, and the dryness of the board should I being cbetting bigger? I don't think I should be as in this spot only better hands are calling so I'm bluffing and want to do it for no more than is needed to get him to fold ( I would value bet on a dry board like this if I had hit as well).

Turn: With the call and being oop I pretty much give up the pot here, I turn a gutshot & two overs but with the flop call I'm not getting him to fold to a T on the turn, and my two overs may not even be two overs so I'm playing chk/fold.

River: He chks behind and I re-evaluate his range, he might have AQ still but 88-99 or JJ are most likely in my opinion. Pot controlling with AQ, or going for a cheap showdown with 88,99,JJ on the turn. I hit my gutshot and have the nuts. I value bet 1/2 pot, with the weakness I show on the turn my hand is AK or nothing from my initial range so I didnt want to bet too strongly so as to make it an easy fold.

Was my ranging here correct?? I was SO shocked when I saw what he had I hadn't contemplated his hand at any stage.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello kenny0503,

Preflop: If you 3bet here then do it bigger, our plan with the 3bet is not give him good odds to Call which he right now gets.

As played
      Postflop: Doesn't make sense to Cb just once on the flop if you are planning to Check/Fold the turn. Just Check/Fold the flop. But otherwise Bet the river bigger, sometimes I'd even shove there cause he could have sets in his range which Call us.

Best Regards.