Leakfinfing and plugging

• pbijvoet
      pbijvoet
      Bronze
      Hey there,

I'm a FLSH player on the microstakes. I've learned through article reading, viewing video's and discussing hand on the forum. Now I just get a bit lost when reviewing my sessions. I use PT4 to track my stats and hands and I mark hands while I'm playing to post on the forum.
      But when I want to review my sessions afterwards I get lost. I'm not sure how to review efficiently and effectively. I just started to view my starting hands from each position to see if I deviate to much from the SHC. But it isn't enough. I know I have leaks, I just don't really know how to find them.
      Do you people have any suggestions or tips?
  • 13 replies
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      post hands to hand evaluation sections. taje notes of what coaches say. patterns will soon occur (maybe you have problems with playing on monotone boards for example). these patterns are your leaks. to fix them, review the learning material or make a post on the forum, discussing the specific leak. take a quiz on the subject if avaliable. you can also use filters in PT to find how exactly you are playig in similar situations.

another option would be to record a video or have something like a public private coaching, that's great for identifying leaks as well.

-SF
    • Ickki
      Ickki
      Bronze
      How many hands have you played? If you've played more than 10k, you can do some database analysis on your play. For example, you can check how you're doing in heads up situations or in the blinds.
    • pbijvoet
      pbijvoet
      Bronze
      Have about 20K hands on 0.05/0.10 and around 9K hands on 0.10/0.20.
      Edit: Guess I could do some more blindplay review.
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      I started playing 6 max cash this year, and i have found Leakbuster to be a great program. I had more leaks than the titanic when i started with it, but finally have it down to just a few that are showing up consistently. It will definitely help you get your stat into the optimal ranges. It also has alot of great training content like full length vids, written modules, etc. Maybe check into it. It has been a big help for me.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      You have to be careful with such programs though, as stats alone don't make you a winning player ;) . Optimal ranges also vary a lot depending on opponents and of course you can play profitably as TAG, LAG, etc... I think that those programs are helpful for identifying leaks, but you should be careful not to aim for "optimal stats" but rather work on playing optimally vs. players :) .

-SF
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      I decided to get coaching not too long after getting Leakbuster, but when i had my first lesson, the first step was database review, and right away alot of my stats were in the in the right ballpark, and i definitely credit Leakbuster. So having that foundation , helped move things along a little quicker. It does more than just analyze stats though. I'd just suggest looking into it. watch some vids, read reviews or something. I have gotten alot out of it. If it helps you plug a few leaks that are costing you money at the table, then it is worth the $50 in my opinion.
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      Had a pretty soul crushing session last night. Running some Leakbuster filters now to review. I've found their filters a bit easier to navigate than the ones in HM2. And easier to find trouble hands, or the scenarios you are looking for.
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      Well, this month has not been kind to me. Not running well, but i am getting one major consistent leak from Leakbuster, and that is River Call Efficiency. It has helped me plug a ton of holes, but my major ones seem to be related to folding. So i've decided to drop back down and try and tighten things up a bit. we'll see how it goes, and hopefully will be back with some better results.

maybe i can figure out how to export my Leakbuster report.
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      Decided to take the night off from Poker. I did purchase Verneer's "Building a Bankroll" and did some reading last night. Gonna try and do some more reading, and make time for some videos today in either Leakbuster or another training site. And hopefully will get back to playing some hands tonight. Gonna try and work harder away from the table, and get into some better study habits.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by ProfitsofDoom
      Not running well, but i am getting one major consistent leak from Leakbuster, and that is River Call Efficiency.
      I don't have leakbuster, but looking at my stats over the last month, I found that if I called a river bet, my winrate, was garbage, but when I made a river bet, it was v good -- and most of the time villain folded.

small sample size though.
      But it does show I need to be more careful
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      Thanks for the info! i'll have to try and filter for that. I've been reading through some forums, and found a few new ways to look at my database, and hopefully study a bit.

Leakbuster is a really helpful program, but as much i have used it, i'm probably still not using it to it's full capabilities. It has quite a few filters, and can go pretty in depth. There is a members only section that has some workshop vids. i need to try and make some time to get to them.

I appreciate the info. i don't really know how to do it, but i think i will email them, and see how i can export my info and maybe post it here and let you guys take a look. I need all the help i can get lately.
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      Well, dropped down in stakes on one site to try and tighten things up a bit. has been going pretty good.
      Also started playing a bit on Bovada. It is kind of weird without a HUD, and the play is a bit crazy, but the tables are very fishy. so a nice confidence boost.

i can only use Leakbuster on my Merge hands, but i have seen an improvement in the river call efficiency. so hopefully will work itself out. Trying to make myself take some time and think about my decisions, before just snap calling someone's river bet. ;)
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      Well, October is going a bit better on Carbon Poker, but i am getting killed on RPM.

Did some review last night, ran some filters in Leakbuster. River call efficiency is still my number one leak. :( Really have to get this worked out. Not really putting in too much volume, so i hope it will even out over a larger sample.