UTG+1 ($46.20) 92bb
      MP ($247.65) 495bb
      CO ($60.27) 121bb
      BTN ($44.19) 88bb
      Hero (SB) ($51.26) 103bb
      BB ($86.24) 172bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 7 players) Hero is SB A:heart: Q:diamond:
      4 folds, BTN raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.25, BB calls $1

Flop: 6:club: A:club: K:spade: ($4.50, 3 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $2.25, BTN calls $2.25, Hero raises to $7.25, BB folds, BTN calls $5

Turn: 8:spade: ($21.25, 2 players)
      Hero bets $10.62, BTN calls $10.62

River: 5:heart: ($42.49, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Final Pot: $42.49

Stats BU in 323 hands
      23/13/1.7/0/23/92
      41/71/20/43/1.5
      Bu is a reg at NL100 from what I've seen (but he looks terrible from the stats I gathered so far)

Stats BB in 220 hands
      35/9/1.5/-/24/62
      73/29/13/33/3.4

Nice hand? How should I play this once I check-raise? How much should I bet the turn and what should I do on a blank river and on a bad river. I suppose a bad river here is a J, any :club: , maybe a T. What about a K?
  • 8 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BadeaCelRau,

Instead of Check/Raising the flop lead yourself out. But as played why would you Bet just 1/2 pot size on turn? Make a bigger Bet to protect from the draws and as you went for value then Bet for value.

Best Regards.
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      True, BU is cbeting seldomly. So I should bet turn bigger and bet river? I don't really know what I'm getting value from on the river ... AJ? I;m betting just half pot because it defines their hand very very well. Half pot gets called by draws ALWAYS instead of giving them the chance to fold, if he's slowplaying he'd be more inclined to raise. I hate it when I try to get thin value and the idiots just slowplay because they know I'm agressive. Also, I don't expect him to bluff, ever.

At the moment of the hand I thought BU is pretty solid. Now I gathered more info on this opponent and he's calling lighter than normal and chasing draws so I should probably bet bigger because he's calling anyway :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BadeaCelRau
      True, BU is cbeting seldomly. So I should bet turn bigger and bet river? I don't really know what I'm getting value from on the river ... AJ? I;m betting just half pot because it defines their hand very very well. Half pot gets called by draws ALWAYS instead of giving them the chance to fold, if he's slowplaying he'd be more inclined to raise. I hate it when I try to get thin value and the idiots just slowplay because they know I'm agressive. Also, I don't expect him to bluff, ever.

At the moment of the hand I thought BU is pretty solid. Now I gathered more info on this opponent and he's calling lighter than normal and chasing draws so I should probably bet bigger because he's calling anyway :)
      I would most likely just Check the river, there ain't much value in betting. But that you should be asking yourself already on the flop what's the purpose of Check/Raising the hand. :P
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Yeah from SB we rarely want to play a big pot but I had TPTK, the next best thing to a twopair. I suppose we can check-raise twopairs here for value, right?
    • fortunewheel
      fortunewheel
      Bronze
      i agree turnbet is bad. bigger. Not betting river i strongly disagree. You don't HAVE to get called by ALOT of hands Ax of clubs would do, Aj , AT and worse Ax ( it is the BTN after all). and combowise you should give more weight to AJ,AT worse Ax but let's give the guy some credit then AK so it doesn't make any sense to go into check/call mode on the river. You planning to fold river if he shoves? I the thing is when he calls the turn there is no merit in checking rivers unless his range is heavily capped towards missed flushdraws. If it's not you should valuebet/shove river and get looked up by a herocall from AJ,AT or the rare AX of clubs. Imo u can't CR the flop for value , betting the turn 1/2 pot and all of a sudden check the river thinking you are no longer ahead while the board and combo's give you all the reasons to bet ( unless he would shove like all his missed flushdraws which is unlikely given the action in the hand)

I am convinced you missed value and probably the reason why you posted right? :)
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      A solid nl100 reg wouldn't call worse on the river but I think this guy will, now that I've seen him play more. Also he wouldn't dare to bet a missed draw so I'm not winning anything by letting him bet. He showed Q :club: T :club:

Ax of clubs is not possible. The rule is if you think you might get called by worse but you don't know, you should allow the opponent to make a mistake and bet. If you think you will never get called by worse then you shouldn't bet. That's what I thought at that moment.
    • fortunewheel
      fortunewheel
      Bronze
      I lolled pretty hard at myself i didn't read the board properly. jokes on me. Yeah i understand your reasoning and it's close imo. I think vs a solid reg , you are absolutely right. Vs any other player i'm valuebetting here

Also a K on the river wouldn't scare me. Wouldn't make much sense for the BTN to call ur flop CR with a K unless it's Kx clubs which is like one combo. But with the board pairing i'm probably check calling vs a not so good player who is a bit out of line and check folding vs a good reg

I think you save yourself alot of levveling issues if you bet/fold the turn a bit bigger
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BadeaCelRau
      Yeah from SB we rarely want to play a big pot but I had TPTK, the next best thing to a twopair. I suppose we can check-raise twopairs here for value, right?
      Yeah, of course 2pairs are Check/Raise for value. :)