[NL2-NL10] Just call or shove?

• maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Silver
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $4.29 (214.5 bb)
      Hero (BB): $2 (100 bb) 19/17/1.3/10.5/40/51
      MP: $0.79 (39.5 bb)
      CO: $2.27 (113.5 bb) 59/32/4.0/22.2/20/23
      BTN: $2.06 (103 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K J
      MP folds, CO raises to $0.04, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, CO calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.33) 4 K A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.18, CO calls $0.18

Turn: ($0.69) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($0.69) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.46, CO raises to $0.92, Hero calls $0.46

He could have better Ax 2 pairs and if he's bluffing or overplaying a pair he might not call a shove so I thought of just calling and seeing the showdown.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello maheepsangari,

Turn: Doesn't really make sense to CB just once the flop. What's the purpose of it? Check/Fold the turn? Nor the flop sizing ain't very good either.

As played
      River: But the problem is that if he really wanted to bluff wouldn't he Bet the turn himself? :P So I don't really see that many hands what we have beat on the river. But of course for the given odds shouldn't be that huge mistake to Call it.

Best Regards.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Silver
      I bet the flop just to exploit these fish who play mostly a fit/fold game at NL2. I try to isolate them pre-flop and C-Bet flop and most of the time they just give up. Its when they don't that I start focusing more on the turn.

This board however is a bit heavy and yeah you're right, I should have not C-Bet and played this hand passively for pot control.

Thinking about it from another perspective, if I do C-Bet flop and 2nd barrel won't I be spewing away with just a middle pair?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by maheepsangari
      I bet the flop just to exploit these fish who play mostly a fit/fold game at NL2. I try to isolate them pre-flop and C-Bet flop and most of the time they just give up. Its when they don't that I start focusing more on the turn.

This board however is a bit heavy and yeah you're right, I should have not C-Bet and played this hand passively for pot control.

Thinking about it from another perspective, if I do C-Bet flop and 2nd barrel won't I be spewing away with just a middle pair?
      What's the idea of CBetting the flop in first place then? :P Isn't it Bet for value? :) Cause you ain't making any better hands to fold.