NL2 3-betting problem

• Musematte
      Musematte
      Bronze
      I have had some problems with 3 betting at NL2.
      The problem im having is with people that are betting 3BB

In most cases where i 3 bet i have hands like KK and AK and when someone is betting 0.06$ (3BB) and i come over top with a 3 bet 0.18$ they fold in 90% of the cases. Some people bet accordingly to their hand strength so when they
      bet that size they usually have something like KQ or QJs, maybe 88. And i want to play against KQ when i have AQ or AK. So when the K or Q come i have villain dominated.

So my solution to this is to bet 0.12$ or 0.14$, i haven't tested it out properly but i think its a good idea because if there is 60% folding to this size bet i get more money in the long run.

There are alot of aspects to consider and i dont feel like analyzing them but i want to hear your opinion. Have you had the same experience? Is there a big reason not to do this smaller reraises.

Looking forward to hear about your opinions :s_cool:
  • 4 replies
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      You just gonna end up bitching that your AA got cracked by 52o, because you let a fish see a cheap flop. My advice is to even 3-bet him 4x the amount, because they have a hard time folding. Even when the pot is unopened I will open the bot with 5bb because for a fish there is no difference between 4 or 5bb you can even bet 6 if there are fish with cray VPIP who play every other hand.
      There is a guy called Blackrain79 and he has played like 2m hands on NL2 and the way he can keep high winrate on NL2 is because he just does crazy bet sizing against fish who can't fold and just end up giving away a BI. He has a book that you can buy and he has some videos on other sites, can't link them because of Pokerstrategy.com policy so you are on your own at finding them.
    • Musematte
      Musematte
      Bronze
      Thanks for the great answer. Will definitely check it out :f_biggrin:
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Musematte
      In most cases where i 3 bet i have hands like KK and AK and when someone is betting 0.06$ (3BB) and i come over top with a 3 bet 0.18$ they fold in 90% of the cases.
      Then 3B bluff a lot more.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      at NL2 it is simple the rule is value value value.. If you got a hand RAISE!